No Going Back .

Rashad | Shad .
I had been thinking about what my boy Cameron said, and he was right. It's too early for me to truly decided on marrying this girl or not. He explained that it was all a part of me getting over A'Janae. Which, could only be true. Yes, I have developed feelings toward Chanté, but my feelings for Nae aren't going anywhere. So, I decided that she could just be considered my girlfriend for now. I twirled the boxed ring in my hand a couple more times. Then, I heard the front door open. I immediately threw the ring into my pocket.
"Babe, I'm homeee!" She sung throughout the house. "In here!" I called to her. She walked in with her hair flowing over her shoulders. She sat in my lap and I embraced her. "How was it?" I asked. "Great!" she exclaimed happily. "But if I shop with those girls any longer, I'll end up living like a hoarder!" I chuckled at her little joke. "True, but at least you had fun." She nodded her head "Yeah. But I'm to be home with you." She laid her head on top of mine. I tickled her and she burst into laughter. Her laugh could always make my day much better.
She tried to fight me off of her but I'm way too strong for her. She jumped onto of me and we started play fighting. "Bae stoppp." She laughed/whined as I continued to tickle her. We rolled onto the floor which made it all more fun for her. She pounced on me like a little kid. I grabbed her by the arms and rolled over on top of her, but in the process, I heard a drop on the floor. My heart dropped. Worst mistake ever.
"Hey what's that?" She questioned and picked up the box before I could get a hold of it. "Uh, nothing." I lied and tried to take it back. But she moved quickly, knowing I would try and take it. And with one quick motion of her thumb, she opened the box. Damn. Her mouth dropped as she looked at the expensive ring. "Babe..." She put her hand over her mouth. "You were gonna propose?"
I just sat there not knowing what to do. That's when I put my hand over her hand that was holding the box. "Look, Chanté, we need to talk." A tear fell from her eye. "You don't have to say anything. I love you so much Rashad." She sat up quick and kissed me. While she was feeling the kiss with her eyes closed and everything, I was stuck on stupid with my eyes wide open.
All while I was planning to return it to the store, she ended up finding out. The worst scenario ever. I really messed up this time. In the middle of my thoughts, Chanté jumped out of my lap and ran. I sat on the floor still confused. After a few minutes and got up and followed. As I walked up the stairs she started coming back down. "You ok?" I asked in confusion. "Yeah," she replied. "Just felt like I was gonna throw up but I didn't." What the....
"You don't think I'm pregnant do you?" I just stared up at her. This cannot be happening.
Cameron | Cam .
"See you later Cameron." Crystal winked at me and then showed herself the way out. I ignored her and turned on the TV. Crystal is a girl I used to see back then before she turned into a little thot. That's what she is now, my little thot.
I turned on the football game and then my phone started ringing. Reading the caller ID, I saw it was my boy Rashad. "Sup maine?" I said answered Rashad. "Bruh this s**t is getting crazy." I looked at my phone and then put it back to my ear. "Dude, where you at?" I asked. "I'm in the bedroom." "Where ya girl at?" There was silence for a moment. "She in the bathroom." I turned the volume on the TV down a little so I could hear him better. "Oh so what's bothering you cuz? Why you sound scared as s**t?" "Cause I am scared as s**t! Bruh she in there taking a pregnancy test."
I started cracking up. He think he gonna interrupt my football game for some childish joking s**t. "N***a quit playin' bruh. The game is on. Go watch it or som-" "Cameron I ain't playin'!" He yelled through the phone. Now it was my turn to get silent. I started the convo again. "Ight bruh. Don't hang up. Go figure out if she pregnant or not and then come back and let me know." "Ight cuz." He put the phone down and walked off to the bathroom. He was gone for a good 5 minutes and then came back.
"So what is?" I asked quickly.
"First one came out negative. Second came out positive. N***a what the f**k do I do now?" He asked panicking. I knew exactly what he needed to do. "Bruh take that s**t to the doctor's office. That's where you get the official answer. "Ight bruh. I'll tell you what happens." "Coo. Coo." And with that, the phone call ended. I hope Rashad isn't about to be a dad. Ain't no way...
*2 hours later*
Rashad | Shad .
I sat in the waiting room with my leg still bouncing out of nervousness. I checked my phone to see if Cameron had replied since the last time I messaged him. Nothing. The nurse came over and tried to get me to calm down for the 3rd time, but I couldn't. I honestly wish she would walk away before I cuss her out. I'm not trying to have no conversation when I'm probably about to be the father of a child who's mother I don't even really love. I saw a doctor walk out checking his clipboard. I was hoping he was coming to let me know but all he said was, "Visitor of Carter?" Everybody looked around the room because it didn't have anything to do with us. Just then a figure on crutches with a hood over their head stood and silently followed the doctor to the back with their head down. I couldn't tell whether it was a man or a woman but that didn't matter. Moments later, Chanté walked throught the double doors and I got up with her and we walked out to the car.

Once I pulled off, I asked her "So, how'd it go? Are you pregnant?"

"No." She replied in a normal tone. She didn't seem as upset as I thought she would be and to be honest, I was kind of relieved. "I just wanna go home and take a nap." I nodded and with that she turned up the radio and listened to Beyonce. We rode in silence the rest of the way as the music played.

"Everybody say heyyyy Mrs. Carter..." The radio sang. But we both just sat in silence.

(A/N): Hmmm.....but I'm just getting started. Don't forget to vote and comment! It would be appreciated! Hope you enjoy!