Squad .

A'Janae | Nae .

I sprayed perfume in the air and danced around in it to make sure it was all over me. Running into the bathroom, I checked my curlers to see if they turned back on. After assuring myself that it was heated by nearly burning my hand off, I curled the last few pieces of my long hair. I made sure my makeup was on point. Can't be puttin' no bad image on the squad, regardless if I d*** near run it. I spun around in the mirror to check myself out before stepping out. We all going to the fair tonight. I decided on acid wash jeans, diamond graphic sweatshirt, and cool-hight leather sneakers. For accessories I had black wayfer retro clear lens nerd shades, black and white diamond knitted beanie, black rose earrings, and a silver wing ear hook.

I grabbed my phone off the charger and grabbed the rest of my stuff. I hopped in my white Range Rover and pulled off. I dialed up Melanie's number as I drove down the street and when she answered, I put it on speaker. "Hey." her voice filled my car. "Hey Melanie, you ready?"

"Yessss. I been ready. Cameron ready too. What about you and yo boo?"

"I was gonna call him after I got off the phone with you to make sure he was ready. We riding to the fair together."

"Oh ok. Hold up, how about we all just go in your car because I don't feel like driving and we all know Cameron. He's gonna make me drive with his lazy a**." I just laughed because her voice was dead serious.

"Smh at y'all. It's supposed to be a team effort but ok. I don't mind. Let me call Rashad and see what this fool doin'."

"Ok. I'll see you when you get here."

After we hung up, I dialed up my bae on speed dial. He picked up on the second ring.

"Aye bae. Wassup?"

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah. I just finished getting dressed actually. Where you at?"

"I'll be there to get you in a minute. Oh, but Melanie and Cam are riding with us."

"I'm coo' with that."

"Ight, see you when I get there."

"Ight ma."

Tonight was gonna be fun at the fair with my ride or dies. Melanie and I have been so close for pretty much...forever! Forever as in when I was 3 and she was 4. Playing 'bwocks' was the beginning of us partners in crime. You could literally say my BFF is my Day One. Then there's my boyfriend, Rashad, who has been nothing but supportive, loyal, trustworthy, and much more of the good. Yeah, we have our arguments here and there, but could you really call it a relationship without them? I met Cameron about 2 weeks after him and Melanie hooked up. He personally makes a good brother to me. I know a lot of people, and by a lot I mean a lot. It's just that I prefer to keep my day ones as my main squad.

I enjoyed the music on the radio all the way there.

I rang Rashad's doorbell and he opened it almost instantly. "Dang girl, what took my wifey so long to get over here?"

He gave me a kiss. "Yo wifey was getting her Beyoncé on. That's what."

Rashad flashed that famous smile of us and stepped aside to let me in. "I see that. I see that. Did you want to leave now or stay here for a few?"