The New One .

Rashad | Shad .
I blinked a few times to clear up my vision and then sat up in bed. Looking to my right, she laid there, still sleep. I battled with myself mentally whether I should wake her or let her sleep. Didn't feel like waking her so I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Looking in the mirror, I barely recognized myself. I just sighed in little frustration. "Keep it moving." I told myself in a low whisper.
Everything has been a little crazy to me since that car accident when the truck rammed into the passenger side of their car. A Walmart truck driver had fell asleep at wheel and was immediately put behind bars. I had been devastated when the police officer had announced both of their deaths. But now, everything's fine. I know now that I had never really lost A'Janae and that she will always be a part of my life and by my side the whole way.
I looked up "I miss you A'Janae." I know she's there and she can hear me. I just wish that I could see her face one last time. I never got to say goodbye.
Turning the shower onto warm, I undressed and hopped in. I made the shower quick before she woke up. When I was done, I hopped out and grabbed my towel. It's been 3 months since the death of my biggest love but I knew that at one point I would have to move on. So, I went ahead and started dating again a few weeks ago. I got with this girl named Chanté. She was a thick light skin girl, golden natural curls, pretty dimples, funny, and she got the smarts. I adapted to her pretty well, but I secretly still love A'Janae. Part of me, well, all of me, refuses to let her go.
I opened the bathroom door. Chanté sat on the side of bed yawning. She saw me walk out "Good morning, baby." She said smiling and showing off her dimples. "Good morning love." I said leaning down over her and giving her a kiss. She wrapped her around my neck and I picked her up. She giggled and blushed as I lifted her while I was shirtless. I could tell she was enjoying every bit of it. We kissed for what seemed like forever. It deepened each second it went on. And then...well...ya know...
Cameron | Cam .
I rolled me up another one and then relaxed on the couch. Not wanting to be bothered by anyone, I put my phone on do not disturb and then turned the music up louder.
This is what I have turned into. Nothing but drugs. The reason why is self-explanatory. Ever since Mel and A'Janae have been gone, I had seen nothing but constant reminders, whether they were brought up on TV or the radio, they were always around somehow.
Not that I minded, I just never want to be constantly reminded of one of the worst things in my life. I've had girls running in and out of my door like crazy, and I don't like not one of 'em. I don't love anymore.
Rashad | Shad .
I gave her a kiss and then watched her drive off to her hair appointment. As soon as she was well down the street, I grabbed my keys and ran outside to my car.
On my way to the jeweler's, I thought of what kind of ring I should get. Yeah, that's right. I'm finally settling down. I don't need to lose another good girl. Gotta keep a ride or die while I have one.
*At the Store*
I wasn't having any problems looking for the right ring. I had actually found one for a good price of $1,121. I didn't mind paying that much, cause she deserves it. She's had to sit there and listen to me whine about Nae multiple times but I learned that it wasn't fair to her. It wasn't what she was around for. She was around because she cared and had love for me. And this is how I'm gonna pay her back. There was only one problem.
I still felt like I was moving too fast, but I mainly used that as an excuse because I still love Nae.
I hope I know what I'm doing...
(A/N): This chapter was really, really short. The guys have adapted to their new lifestyle, but don't settle too quickly. Because when you're in the mix of it all, you can only either make another change forward, or a huge change back.
Stay tuned for the next chapter, also don't forget to comment and vote! Still thinking if I should do a book 2...hmm. Don't know! But hope you enjoy whatever the outcome!