New Life - Take 3

Start from the beginning

"Yeah sure, but you have to answer a question first," he replied.

I nodded and gulped heavily as the owner suddenly stepped in close to me and looked me in the eyes.

"Tell me, what do you desire more than anything else in this life," he said, his voice getting all husky and deep again. I shivered as one of my scars burned again and squirmed under the intensity of his gaze.

"Um...I, well..." I tilted my head as I paused and tried to think about my answer. "You know, I honestly have no clue," I said.

"Oh, come on, there must be something you desire," he said with a smirk as he stepped even closer.

"Nope, nothing that I can think of," I said. The man frowned.

"Are you sure?" He prompted again.

I nodded.

"Hmm, why didn't that work on you? Did my father send you?"

I was about to tell him that I had no idea who his father was but just then our arms brushed against each other and I felt a jolt of electricity shoot up my arm. I jerked back.

"What the hell was that?!" I exclaimed as I backed up.

"I...you..." the man started to say looking at me with shock in his eyes.

Suddenly I spotted a familiar face in the crowd.

"Oh, hell, I have to go!" I said, keeping one eye on the Hydra guard as I looked up at the owner.

"What? Why?! I haven't even gotten your name."

"I'm so sorry, it's Skye. I would love to stick around and chat but unfortunately there's someone I'd rather avoid and I can't afford to be spotted," I rambled, surprising myself with how open I was with my answer.

"In that case, I have the perfect hiding spot for you," the man said. "And the name is Lucifer, by the way. Lucifer Morningstar."

"What, like the devil?" I asked with a chuckle as I reluctantly let him lead me towards an elevator.

"Yup," he said with a devilish grin. I smirked. The irony of the situation was not lost on me. But despite what everyone kept saying, I didn't feel very angelic even if I did have wings...

"You live above your club?" I asked in surprise as the elevator opened up to a luxurious suite with a gorgeous piano and a fully stocked minibar.

"It's convenient," Lucifer said with a shrug. "Do you mind if I change quickly? Been wearing this suit all day."

I nodded as I made my way towards the piano and sat down. I ran my fingers across the white tiles and paused before starting to play. (Why Don't I, by Sofia Carson)

Unknown Object
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEupPvytcts

Lucifer's POV

The minute the girl walked into my club I sensed it. Magic leaked off her body like nothing I had ever felt before. I watched curiously as she made her way towards the bar.

I paused the music and sat and played the piano, all the while, keeping an eye on this mystery girl. I growled under my breath as I watched one of the drunks in the place walk up to her. It was clear that he wasn't taking no for an answer. I stood up and quickly made my way over. Before I could do anything though, she had turned around and punched him, sending him back into the crowd, dazed and confused. I grinned.

"I'm so sorry about that! I hope the owner doesn't get upset about that," I heard her exclaim.

"Don't worry, he's not," I cut in with a chuckle. She spun around and collided with my chest.