There's No Place Like Shield

Skye's POV

It was almost a week after I had uploaded my first original song and I was almost ready to put the final touches on my next one. I grabbed my laptop, hacked into JARVIS once more and then hopped out of my van (where I had decided to stay once more; much to Loki and Lucifer's distaste) and then flashed myself back onto the roof of Avenger Tower to record my second song.

(She's So Gone - Naomi Scott)

After recording the video footage I teleported back to my van and focused on editing everything before uploading it for everyone. It was kind of crazy, but after my first two videos I had amassed quite the following on social media and since I had done all the publishing myself I was actually making a little royalty money on the side from my first original song. Lucifer was paying me for working at his club but I refused to let him pay me more than he would anyone else. The money he had been paying me went straight towards my recording and musical equipment though so I was still relatively broke, but happier than I had been in a very long time, though I was still having flashbacks of Hydra, the Battle of New York, and then the Avengers attacking me right after, but I think focusing on my music was helping so after uploading the first one, I delved straight into the next one.

I didn't have to work on writing anything original for my next song as I decided to poke more fun at the avengers and go for another cover. I waited a few days though to give people (well Tony) time to come to terms with him failing a second time to catch me on the roof before teleporting to Avenger Tower for a third time to record some more video footage.

(Holding Out for a Hero - Frou Frou)

*Picture scenes of her singing on Avenger Tower again but this time mixed in with clips of all the different avengers mostly footage from the battle of New York)

I chuckled to myself as I went to upload the video, thinking about how Tony and the others would react when they found out I had managed to sneak into Avenger Tower for a third time.

Judging by their responses to the video, other than Tony, they all thought it was hilarious that I kept managing to be a step ahead of Tony. And most of their comments were about how they could be my hero. I shook my head as I silenced my notifications and headed back inside Lux to start my shift for the night.

*****

Wards's POV

"We found her, she's at a bar called Lux in California." I grinned as I got off the phone with the Hydra agent and went to go find Coulson. Garret and I had told him that Skye had simply left because she wanted to recuperate in private and I had covered up her message on the wall and was now given the opportunity to bring Skye back in. Garret had suggested that we use Hydra's brainwashing methods to erase the information about us being Hydra that way we could continue to use Skye in our plan to figure out how Coulson had been brought back to life without raising suspicions. I made it clear though that I only wanted to erase the information about us being Hydra as I didn't want to erase any of the memories Skye and I had together now. She had finally started opening up to me!

I stared out at the girl before me as I arrived at the bar and waited for her to finish her shift before following her into the alley to her van. She must have sensed me tailing her because the next thing I knew Skye had spun around and was staring at me in shock. Before she could do or say anything though I managed to knock her out and dragged her back to my car where I drove us to the nearest motel and quickly ran the memory program and carefully erased the information about Garret and I being Hydra from her brain. Then I drove her back to her van, placed her on her bed and waited for her to wake up. I didn't want to raise suspicion by simply kidnapping her so I needed her to leave her new job the normal way.

*****

Skye's POV

I woke up the next day and groaned as I rubbed my head. It seemed sore for some reason but I couldn't figure out why. I looked down at my phone to see a text from Ward saying that Coulson needed my help asap. I immediately responded that I would be on my way as soon as I was able to.

I sighed as I changed clothes and headed up to Lucifer's floor where Loki was staying. He had been working very hard these last two weeks to prove to Shield and the Avengers that he was trying to make good on his promise to my doppelgänger that he would no longer be trying to take over the world. I could tell he was having a hard time convincing anyone of his good intentions but promised him that people would start to accept him they just needed time. No one was likely to just forget about what happened in New York that quickly.

"Hey, so I really appreciate you both being here for me these past few weeks but I actually have to get going, and I'm not at liberty to discuss the details but I promise I'll be fine! I'll stay in constant contact whenever possible!" I told Loki and Lucifer as I pointed over to the two phones I had specially made for them like I had done for Natasha, Steve, and Clint. They frowned at me, not liking what I was telling them but knowing that they didn't really have a choice in the matter. I went over and hugged both of them before walking out and back to my van, sending a quick message to Ward asking where I could meet up with the team.

Back to Shield I go.