The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 2)

Skye's POV

When we got back to The Bus, Miles and I were led to the holding room where I had been taken my very first time aboard the plane.

I could feel Ward and Coulson's eyes on me as they glanced between the handcuffed Miles and me, worrying about whether I would be fine alone with him. I rolled my eyes at them, telling them that I would be fine; hating how one moment their gaze was filled with concern, and the next, suspicion.

"So, I guess due process isn't really Shield protocol?" Miles asked, pulling on his cuffs after Ward and Coulson had left.

"They don't have time for it," I stated coldly.

"Whoa, are you defending them? These people are denying our basic rights!" I rolled my eyes again and resisted the urge to scream.

"This isn't about us. They're trying to save someone's life!" I exclaimed.

"Listen to yourself," Miles said scoffing as he turned and looked at the camera in the corner. "That's what they always say to justify invading privacy, Skye. These people stand for everything we despise, secrets, censorship –"

I lost my cool and leaned forward in irritation.

"Enough with the manifesto, Miles, you are the last person who should be talking about basic rights, freedom, and privacy! Not after what you did!"

Miles' face drained of color as he looked at me. "Manning, Snowden, Aaron Swartz, these are modern day revolutionaries," he started rambling, attempting to ignore the elephant in the room.

"This has nothing to do with that!" I growled at him.

Ward's POV

I stared at the monitor as I listened to Skye arguing with Miles. Part of me didn't trust her anymore, another part was furious with Miles for what he had done to Skye, and another part, another part of me wanted to feel her skin underneath my own. But that would have to wait. Now was not the time. I had a cover to maintain while I was on this "Bus" and I didn't want my former S.O. to yell at me if my cover got blown too soon.

I hit a button on the table, cutting off the feed as I looked over at Fitz-Simmons who were in the room working on who knows what.

"Guy's hiding behind platitudes. He's dirty. I can feel it," I told them.

Coulson's POV

I sat in my office; watching the live feed of Skye and Miles; part of me wanting to make sure she was ok being alone with Miles so soon after what he had done to her, and another part feeling a sense of mistrust towards the girl.

"Go ahead, say it," I told May as she waked in and glanced at the monitor. She just shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't the kind of person to say 'I told you so'.

"What is your gut telling you now?" she asked me.

I looked at the monitor for another moment.

"That she's still hiding something," I said slowly. I was remembering my conversation with Fury as I said this.

Skye's POV

I looked up as Ward entered. I sat up straighter as I watched him stride over to Miles, a cold gleam in his eyes.

"Despite what you did to her, she's been defending you. Saying you're a stand up guy," Ward showed us an envelope that he was holding. "So, I'm going to give you a chance. You want to tell her, or should I?"

Miles shot me a look before glancing up to Ward.

"I don't have to listen to you –"

"There goes your chance," Ward said angrily, sliding the envelope in front of me. I slowly picked it up and opened it.