The Bridge

Skye's POV

I sat cross-legged on my bunk clicking keys on my laptop; staring intensely at the several profiles that flitted across my screen when I heard a knock on my door. It was Coulson.

"Mission briefing in five minutes," he informed me.

"Okay."

I made to close my laptop but not before Coulson had the chance to enter and get a look at the female agents of Shield profiles I had been sifting through.

"Kathrine Shane?" he read out.

"Do you know her?" I asked.

"We ran a few ops together in the 90s. Smart, resourceful. Had a soft spot for Truffaut movies."

"Easy there, charm school. According to these files Agent Shane could be my mom!" I said, teasing him. But he just sighed.

"Even if Shane was the agent who dropped you off at the orphanage, it doesn't mean she's your mother," he reminded me.

"I started looking into all the female agents active when I was born. Needle, haystack, I know. But then I factored in age and marital status and then I built a program to narrow down the field," I informed him excitedly.

"You're still looking at a long road."

"Well, it would be a lot shorter if I could access more files. Maybe you could remove my internet nanny?"

He just stared at me so I held up my wrist and shook my bracelet to emphasize my point.

"I'm talking about my tacking bracelet."

"I got that."

"So you'll take it off?" I inquired hopefully, though not expecting the answer to be anything but no.

"No. But I asked May to look into Shield's more restricted files."

"I was kind of hoping to keep this private," I said slowly. I wasn't quite sure if I liked the idea of May poking around on my behalf.

"Agent May specializes in private."

He nodded his head to me then turned to walk out of the room. "Let's go." I closed my laptop and made my way to the Command Center while Coulson went to go get Ward and May.

"At 0-800 hours three men infiltrated the Havenworth Federal Penitentiary," Coulson informed the team once everyone had gathered.

"Infiltrated? More like cannonballed!" I declared.

"They were in and out in less than 2 mintues. Left no prints at the scene, but we do have one lead." Coulson waved his hand over the halocom bringing up another picture onto the big wall mounted monitor. It was a close up of one of the Centipede Soldier's wrists showing the device.

"Centipede," Ward hissed.

Coulson waved his hand over the halocom a few more times showing different images, showing Chan and the lab in Hong Kong.

"It seems they salvaged some of their research from Hong Kong."

"So we were right. Chan's platelets solved their combustion problem. Now they can create super soldiers with no fear of explosion," Jemma said. I frowned as I noticed how excited she sounded about the fact that they had figured it out. Again, this was one of the many reasons I did not want Jemma Simmons finding out that I was a freaky powered person.

Fitz, seeing the expression on my face, leaned in closer to her.

"Maybe don't get so excited about it," he advised her.