The Battle of New York (Part 1)

Lexi's POV

When I came back to my senses I realized that my body was operating on its own, clearly still under Loki's control as I was following him into Stark Tower.

I watched as Tony walked in and then headed straight for the bar. I rolled my eyes.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki said.

"Uh- actually, I'm planning to threaten you," Tony replied with a shrug as he poured himself a drink.

"You should have left your armor on for that," Loki told him as I focused on trying to break whatever spell he had on me.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the uh- blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"

"Stalling me won't change anything," Loki warned.

"No, no, no- threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one," said Tony.

"The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"

I inwardly groaned at this, remembering the battle of Los Angeles when the world had first met the Chitauri. It was also where Coulson had died...I had a really bad feeling this wasn't going to end well...

"The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing," Tony said, glancing over at me with worry filled eyes.

"Yes, I've met them," Loki replied. I closed my eyes and focused on tearing his spell apart, not really knowing what I was doing but it seemed to be working as I was suddenly able to move of my own free will again. I noticed Tony watching me and he subtly pointed towards the couch for me to hide behind, since I didn't know what else to do, I followed his advice and crouched down out of site.

"Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the Demi-God;" Tony started to count as Loki turned away and I watched as he slipped on a pair of bracelets. "A super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, a sexy as sin agent and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them," Tony said, sending me a wink as he mentioned me. I rolled my eyes but felt my face reddening at his compliment.

"That was the plan," Loki replied as Tony walked to the center of the penthouse where
Loki was standing.

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

I looked around from my spot behind the couch, looking for anything that I could use as a weapon, not wanting to just sit by on the sidelines. But nothing stood out other than a lamp. Not really a great weapon...though I guess I could always use it to smash over his head? I reached over slowly and grabbed the lamp, unplugging it from the wall. I could also use the cord to try and choke him...

"I have an army," Loki boasted.

"We have a Hulk," Tony quipped back.

"Oh, I thought the beast had wandered off," Loki pointed out. I frowned, not knowing what had happened to the rest of the team as I had been unconscious. I hoped everyone was alright!

"Yeah- you're missing the point. There's no throne, there is no version of this, where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and
maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. 'Cause if we can't protect the earth, you can be
damned well sure we'll avenge it," Tony said. I rolled my eyes again at his attempt at word play.

Loki walks over to Tony, pointing his scepter. My eyes widened in fear as I remembered what had happened to Clint last time. Granted it hadn't worked on me so here's hoping it didn't work on Tony either. I smacked myself on the forehead as I realized maybe I could do something about it myself. I had been able to block everyone from feeling my pain and I had my telepathy so maybe I could use that to create some sort of mental shield to protect Tony from Loki's powers? I glanced down at my hands as I saw them starting to glow with a golden light and grinned as I lifted my hands towards Tony. There was a faint golden glow now surrounding him but thankfully neither of the men seemed to notice.