Chapter 2 - Looking In

Start from the beginning

And that was what made me notice her all the time,she was different, so focused,its like she was on this mission, and was wasting no time around the bush.

She was also very beautiful. Simple,yet captivating.

But she never looked up from her books, she never looked my way, so I didn't make an effort to strike any conversation.She didn't seem the type, I usually dated.

And then one day as I had just finished playing basketball with my friends on the courts in a nearby park, I spotted her walk in with a group of children aged between eight to thirteen,and I watched in surprise as she guided the group of young boys and girls to get divided into two teams, and then she refreed the game that began.

I stood amused on the court adjacent as I watched her from afar,as she laughed and talked and even took sides to play with teams in between. I couldn't believe what I was seeing because I had always spotted her being super serious in the classes.And in that moment, it looked like she was having a lot of fun.And I was watching in silence, just as a ball came buzzing into my face and I fell back with a jerk.I got back on my feet, taking the ball in hand,and I looked at the scene, the older boys on opposite teams had gotten into his argument and one of them had kicked the ball into air , that it had found its way to my face.

Khushi looked at the two boys as she said – " derek and andy, cmon the two of you, if you cant handle this in a friendly way, than id rather have the two of sit out...look at what uv done...",and she gestured all the kids to just halt the game,as she caught hold of the first aid box from her bag, and walked towards me.

I watched as she walked upto me and spoke, sincerity reflecting in her tone – " hey, are you too hurt?? Im sorry, its just that the boys are fighting again.."

I threw the ball aside and gently rubbing my forehead where I had been hit,as I heard myself ask– "so you can play huh?? And you can smile..."

Khushi looked at me confused – " huh?? What do you mean??"

I grinned– "well you never smile in class,always so serious...."

Khushi – "im sorry, are you in any of my classes??"

I nodded – " yup, in the evening course on entreprenurship..."

She finally looked into my eyes and she smiled.And it felt like she had the smile that could light up a entire dark room, it made me feel good, really good,and she answered softly – " im sorry, when im in school, im too focused on studying, and I don't get distracted easily so..."

I smiled back – " yeah, I noticed that.."

"you did??"

I nodded -"ofcourse, difficult to miss when you occupy the same front spot in class, everyday.."

She smiled at that as she said, gesturing me to sit down on the bench – " will you sit down please?? You are hurt"

"Am I??"

She nodded as said sincerely – " you are bleeding on your forehead, I can help you if that's ok, I always carry my first aid box with these kids around, it comes handy..."

I touched my forehead to feel a bruise and I spotted the blood on my finger and I spoke – "well I guess you could help me, I cant let it bleed for long...",and I sat on the bench as I saw her starting to address my wound already as she spoke in between as she cleaned my wound – " ofcourse you shouldn't..."

I watched her out the corner of my eye as she tend to me ever so tenderly and I spoke on reflex – " its because im diabetic , so thank you..."