Chapter 2 - Looking In

Start from the beginning

We were over long ago, and that was how it had to be done then.The time and moment at that point in Life were different, for both of us.And ofcourse, the fact that she had vanished into thin air, wiping every trace of herself from my reality, didn't really help me back then.Ofcourse I had asked everyone that knew her back then if they knew where she went, or if there was a way I could get in touch with her, but no one would tell me anything, all I knew was that she had left the country.And in my gut I knew that she would never come back to the US, I had felt really guilty ofcourse, because I knew that I had hurt her, but I also knew that she had given up on her very bright future in the US by running away.And I was not proud of the fact that I was the reason why she fleed.Infact the guilt was drivng me crazy, her absence distracting me in the ways that were really throwing me off my grid, that I took me a lot of my mind to finally put a hold on that guilt and emotions, and get back into focus.And I knew I was just torturing myself, because I knew I couldn't find her, because she didn't want to be found.She made sure that I had no way of getting touch with her, she vanished from the social media universe forever, never to be found till today, she closed all her email accounts that I knew off, and so I finally gave in to my mind and gave up on everything that related to Khushi.

I knew she'd wanted it that way, then,and the least I could do was respect the fact that she didn't want me to step back into her reality.

But then why had she made her way back into my reality, again, after all this while??

Just maybe this was a chance to get the closure that I always seeked within, maybe this was the chance that I could run into her again, and apologize about whatever happened and get it over with, and wish her all the very best for her life , and assure her that no matter what happened, I have truly always wished the best for her.

But,was I ready to face her again? I don't know.I don't know what I feel at the thought of meeting her again face to face after all this while. Its funny though, how it still bothers the hell out of me, even though its been so so long, but it irritates me that I didn't get the closure I probably needed to get this out of my system, and maybe that's why all these feelings of the past still have this kind of hold on me, and maybe this is why she was seen in my present again, so that I could sort this out and that part of me, that makes me go on a guilt trip everytime I think of how we parted, would finally shut up.

I close my eyes, and just like that the moment when I first met her all those years ago, made its way back into my head again,so fresh as if it were yesterday.

...................................

Flashback – Eight years Ago

Arnav's POV

I had just started out at Harvard with my MBA, and been in Boston for two months, and had settled in quite well , and was taking in some extra evening courses on entrepreneurship on the side as well,at Babson College, because I had wanted to make most of what Boston had to offer, because I had always been over ambitious when it came to my career. I always wanted to do it all right, make dad proud,just like my mind had planned it all out.And the distance between Babson and Harvard was like 13 miles which was a 18 minutes drive, so I had taken up my accommodation in this building which was at midpoint, made it easier for me to commute both ways, for my morning classes at Harvard and evening ones at Babson.

And the evening classes at Babson was where, Khushi made her presence into my Life.I would often spot her in the evening classes, it was difficult not to miss, because she always occupied the same spot on the front row.And apart from that, I would often spot her all by herself in the Library, studying. It had been weeks into the course but we never spoke, because she never waited around for a chat with anyone after the classes finished. She was to the point in her study group,which I was never a part off incidently.She never wasted her time here or there, always wanting to stay ahead of the class.