Delusions

"Power-lust is a weed that grows only in the vacant lots of an abandoned mind." – Ayn Rand

"Everything is set, Lady Iekami."

"Yes, thank you," Jennie replied with a smile as her servant left her alone; she sat on her bedside and looked at all her stuff – her clothes were in luggages. Standing up, she walked towards her balcony and gazed into the wide forest; she can hear the songs of the world as she stood there.

The lush green pine trees greeted her as she sighed; her thoughts wandered to what entailed her in the next continent. She would have to travel to Japan – to the castle near Okinawa; it was the place where she was to meditate and meet with the prime of the vampires.

Meditation was her only medium to help her forget this heartaches; she did not wish to pursue the nonsense her mind wanted of her. She just needed to calm down and try to ease the pain even just a little; she was not going to give up on Lisa, but she wanted to let time speak for itself.

Only time could tell if they were meant to be together.

Now, her problems were of the hunters and they posed a threat to the community once again; Jiyong had told her that in her absence, the hunters did not pursue her anymore. It was probably because the man who hunted her for several years had finally died; it was the only possible reason.

Turning about, she returned to her room and turned to the rose on her piano; it made her smile at the sight of it as her heart drummed a steady rhythm. Tears would no longer come to her and she did not wish to cry over Lisa either; she did not wish to upset the balance of time – the time lost over tears.

"My lady," Katherine spoke through the door as she knocked, "The car is now ready to take you."

Jennie approached the door and opened it, Katherine's bright smile greeted her as she returned her gesture; she walked in tandem with her down the hall as she felt a whiff of air zoom past her, which told her that her bags were taken away as she left.

The two of them walked down the foyer steps and proceeded past the double doors; a black, limousine greeted her as she saw another servant had the door ready for her to enter. She looked around and even took a good sniff of the open air, then noted a missing presence; she frowned for a moment and approached the car.

"Where's Jiyong?" Jennie queried the man who held the door open for her.

He shrugged his shoulders, "He left last night my lady and has yet to return."

"I see," Jennie hummed softly as she got in, "Make sure that he gets there before me."

He nodded, "Yes my lady and have a safe trip."

"Have a wonderful vacation to all of you," Jennie replied with a wide grin as the man closed the door for her; she leant back into the red velvet seats and sighed. She did not know of Jiyong's absence and merely wondered where he had run off to; it was not like him to not tell her where he would go, even if she did not ask.

As they drove around the roundabout, her mind wandered over to what that prime vampire wanted from her; it has been a while since she last saw him and she was certain that they ended on good terms with him. The community he watches over in East Asia seems to be greater than it was before; she did not have any reason to believe there was a need to meet.

Taking a look at the documents laid before her, she examined them one by one and noted the progress her company had gone through; the graph does not seem to go all the way up and at certain months it faltered. Despite this, she was amazed by how Jiyong managed to do all of it whilst he managed the household.