Leo

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, then you really haven't really learned anything." – Muhammad Ali

            "Please..."

            Without guilt nor remorse, Lisa slowly stabbed her target through the heart and looked at him straight in the eye; she watched as life escaped his eyes before she let go of him and his body plopped on the floor like a ragdoll.

            Cutting a piece of his suit, she cleaned her knife as blood escaped his body to form a small pool of blood around him. She walked over to the window and watched the city lights down below; once again, it was a peaceful evening.

            She closed her eyes for a brief second and took a deep breath; the smell of blood evaporated in the dark hotel suite she stood in. Pulling her hood up, she opened the window and passed through it, then stood on the steep ledge; she looked down to the ground, the long drop would be unpleasant.

            Gracefully, she walked to the side in a cat-like manner and felt the wind graze her skin while she made her way to the emergency fire exit; she was lucky that it was just near that room. She went over the rail and proceeded down; the fifty storey high building was a long trek down.

            In less than ten minutes, she was already on the ground level; the alleyway was as dark as it was silent when she first used it. She pocketed her hands in the cold evening as she made her way back to her car. The nightlife was about to spring into life; filled with full motions of vices that she did not wish to see, hear, or smell.

            As she rounded the corner, the smell of cigarettes entered her nostrils that nearly sickened her; she walked past night laborers that offered their services, ones that did not appeal to her at all. Crossing the road, her Hyundai was in sight; she pressed on the switch in her pocket that unlocked its doors and made lights.

            Before she approached her car, she took a deep breath and contemplated; she did not wish to have that feline in her car for another long drive. The small thing vexed her to no end as it kept on disrupting her driving; she could wish that it would not want to return to her.

            I'll regret this.

            Turning on her heels, Lisa walked to the alleyway two blocks south of her car; there, she saw an old homeless man that barely had any shield for the cold. She approached him and found her feline asleep next to him that nearly made a vein pop on her forehead; the dirt it had on its fur made her want to just end the little thing's life.

            But a part of her could not.

            "Oh," the homeless man spoke as he raised his lowered gaze to her, "You're back," he smiled as he petted the kitten, "I guess you're here to take him back now."

            Lisa stooped down to his level and took the feline with one hand; it appears that it awoke from her touch and instantly meowed as if to greet her 'welcome back". Without a single word, Lisa left the old man and walked out of the alleyway; a cold wind brushed past them that nearly sent a shiver down her spine.

            She heard a cough from behind and looked over her shoulder; the old man hugged himself in an effort to warm his body. He had no shelter or any form of protection from both the cold weather and the stone, cold floor; it made him look utterly pitiable – especially with his old age upon him.

            Walking away, Lisa returned to her car and placed the feline inside; she opened the driver's door and revved the engine, but did not enter the car. She closed the door once more as soon as the air con was at the right temperature before she left for the nearby shops.