"Oh? Are we already that deep into our private lives?" Kai jested.

"Well, you started this conversation," Jennie smiled at him warmly, a little too curious to see if there was someone he admired romantically. "So, is there?"

"Well, there is one," Kai sighed and smiled weakly before he stuck his tongue out at Jennie. "But I'm not telling you who."

Jennie groaned, a little disappointed by his response. The two of them spoke no more after and continued their work; the next words they did exchange were mostly about the stuff they were doing and Jennie was content with it.

The big rectangular digital clock in the cafeteria read that it was five past seven in the evening already. Kai stretch his arms while Jennie kept her stuff in her black Jansport bag; he let out a soft yawn as his warm eyes gazed on Jennie, who had her hair neatly tied into a high ponytail that revealed much of her neck.

It was not often that Kai saw her in casual wear because he often saw her wearing her green blazer. His high school uniforms is not like Jennie's Academy styled, but he actually liked it.

Jennie sighed as she looked at Kai, who had his eyes locked on her. She titled her head to the side briefly before shoving him light and caused him to fall back. Kai stared at the ceiling as Jennie looked over the table and met his eyes.

"What was that for?" Kai groaned as he tried to get up, to which Jennie just laughed. He sighed and frowned at Jennie, who kept on laughing at him, which made him feel quite embarrassed.

"Sorry," Jennie apologized as she tried to smother the remnants of her laughter. Kai just kept frowning at Jennie as he sighed and got up; her went over to the food stalls and took food for both of them. He liked seeing Jennie laugh even if it made him feel embarrassed; he just really enjoyed her company and would like to spend more time with her these few days.

But he knew he can't, at least not tomorrow; he had to go to the next town way south of the one he was currently in to meet his family. The town southward was only a two-hour drive and Kai did not mind spending the day with Jennie. In fact, he preferred to stay with her than anything.

He returned to their table with a smile on his face along with two trays of dinner; Jennie had her eyes out into the open sky, staring blankly as if reminiscing about something. Kai felt a little compulsion to ask what ran in her mind to make such a face; beautiful as it may be, but there was a lonesome glow in her cat-liked eyes that made him worry.

"Stare long enough and maybe money would fall out the sky," He jested to lighten the mood as he placed the tray in front of them.

Jennie smiled, "If there ever happens, I'd buy myself a pair of frames."

"Why's that?" Kai prodded as he took a bite out of his pizza.

"So you won't ever know if I'm staring out into the open," Jennie giggled as she eyed the food before her. "Thanks by the way."

"No problem, let's chow."

For the next few minutes the two of them ate in silence as if they were both tired in more ways than one; Jennie had her mind elsewhere as she thought about what to do tomorrow because she had nothing to do in particular.

Mr. Kwon went away to visit his own relatives to remember their dead members and left her with no reminders for the Academy. Her schedule tomorrow was a blank and she did not know what to fill it with. Should she go out of the town to? But where should she go? Should she visit Mr. Lee?