Frowning, he looked at me in complete confusion. 

"Is there something you want to hear," he said.

I scoffed as I cupped my face in my hands. 

"What was Vanessa doing here," I asked bluntly as I was starting to feel frustrated. 

He slowly leaned back into his chair and sighed. 

"She came to supposedly expose you," he said as he crossed his legs. 

"What," I said as I frowned. 

This doesn't make any sense. 

"Vanessa is not who you think she is. Since the start, she has been trying to instigate me against you," he said as he got up and made his way towards me. 

"I don't understand why she would do this. She was my best friend and don't even understand why it all went wrong," I said.

Brushing my hand through my hair, I couldn't help the uneasiness filling my heart. 

Cyen stood right in front of me as he leaned against his desk. 

"People change, Blair. People get greedy," he said with a comforting warmth in his voice. 

As soon as I heard his words, I felt my eyes filling up. As much as I tried to hold it all in, it was all in vain. 

Somewhere deep in my heart, I didn't want this whole thing to be true. Somewhere, I didn't want to lose my best friend. I didn't want to believe that she was capable of changing like this. 

Once the first tear escape, it went on to be a waterfall. I was trying my best to hide my tears and I hide my face in my hands but a weak sob escaped. 

I felt Cyen get a hold of my chin and made me look up at him from my seat. 

"Why waste your tears on someone who is not even worth it," he said, wiping away my tear. 

"It just hurts so bad to know that she seem to only want to bring me down now... I must seem pathetically weak to be crying like that," I whimpered.

"You don't even know how strong of a woman you are. Crying doesn't make you weak, crying just makes you human. And always remember that she won't be able to hurt you as long as I'm here," he said.

Registering his words, I felt my heart flutter. Looking straight into his eye, there was nothing but sincerity. How am I supposed to resist this man?

"Would a kiss make you feel better," he added out of no where. 

"Oh well you just had to ruin it," I said as I smiled through my teary eyes. 

As I grabbed a napkin from my bag, I could hear him chuckle. 

"I was just trying to help," he said, walking back to his chair. 

Shaking my head, I laughed. I got up and walked up to him. 

Putting both of my hand on the handles of his chair, I leaned towards him. 

"You could have just asked if you wanted a kiss," I said, not knowing where the boldness came from. 

"Too bad, I don't have the habit of asking, rather doing it," he said with a smirk. 

He then swiftly grabbed onto my waist and pulled me onto his lap. And in a matter of seconds, I felt his lips capture mine into a slow yet passionate kiss. The kiss was screaming desire with the hint of comfort. 

His thumb was smoothly grazing my stomach and was slowly making his way up my shirt. 

Pulling away, he looked at me with a small smile playing on his lips.