Chapter 29

Alice Hughes' POV

I have been dreaming of Connor was playing with my hair and kissing me on the lips. I responded to his kisses before I can feel something different about that kiss. It was so vivid and real that when I was opening my eyes, I saw that Connor was on top of me as he was caressing my body with his hands. "My love, you're awake. Finally," he whispered before resuming making love to me again and again for the nth time last night. I was smiling as the hot shower was hitting my face as my mind was replaying the scene from last night. I cannot believe that I confessed my love for the Connor O'Sullivan and my engagement to him. It's like a dream come true. I smiled as I don't think I would be hanging out with the Connor O'Sullivan until now. I never had anyone intimately with me. He was my first lover.

"My love, can I join you?" Connor asked me as he opened the shower door. My eyes went as big as saucers as Connor entered the shower before he closed the door. Now the spacious shower was smaller than I expected with my fiancé in it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I was smiling at him before he turned me around, kissing me on the lips. Connor smirked.

"Well, I was looking for my bride but it looks like she's having fun in the shower without me," he said as he took the soap and went on to clean my body. I smiled before I turned around and he was caressing my back. I was leaning into his touch before he put his hands on my stomach and proceeded to clean the front. I was holding my breath when he suddenly turned me, hitting my back against the wet tiles. "It seems that I have to have you again, my love," he whispered before he kissed me. I let him for my desire was building as well for him.

"Do your job then, my love," I said huskily before Connor went on to caress me and make love to me all over again early in the morning even after our sex marathon last night.

After we had our shower together, and how Connor showed me again how much he loved me, we went out of the room as Nora was not home yet. I don't know where she went after that arrest with the police yesterday and I was getting worried for my best friend. I looked at my phone and there was no notification from her. "Hmm, weird," I said as I went to look at her messages, WhatsApp and Facebook status, Twitter tweets, and others. She did not have any update or status at all. That was so unusual for Nora because she was obsessed with her social media platforms.

"What is weird, my love?" Connor asked as he came from behind me, hugging me as he placed his hands onto my waistline.

"Nora, she supposed to meet me here today. I don't know... maybe she's in trouble or something," I said as I was worried my best friend would not make it out there alive. The prison was not a place for Nora McCarthy. Connor laughed at me.

"I'm sure she will be fine. After all, she's Nora McCarthy. Come on, no one defies our Nora," he said as he turned me around to look at my face. He smiled sweetly before I smiled at him, sighing. Maybe Connor's right. Nora can take on anything with her happy-go-lucky and devils-may-care attitude.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. If anyone can work well under pressure, Nora's that person," I said before Connor carried me in a bridal style and went to the living room. I arched my eyebrow at him. "Where are you taking me?" I asked him as I was hooking my arms around his neck. I was afraid that he might drop me but I trusted Connor would never do that.

He smirked. "I have something for you. It just came in," he said as he put me down on the sofa. I was looking at him when he showed me a box. I eyed him warily before my fiancé opened it. I gasped instantly after looking at the surprise.

"Wow," I said as I took a look at the gift that he got me. I touched it and it had a nice feeling against my hands.

Connor was waiting for my validation. "Do you like it?" he asked me. I was unable to form any words as it was very nice. I chuckled softly before I shook my head.