Chapter 2

Alice Hughes' POV

After the disaster of that night, about that Halloween party, and the mysterious stranger that came to save my life, and my virginity might I add, I cannot help myself but wonder if I would ever see him again. And I knew that I was under his spell when I cannot even hear what my best friend was talking about right now.

"Earth to Alice? Earth to Alice?! Hello?!" Nora's voice came inside my head when I was daydreaming. I did not even notice that the midterm was over as everyone was packing up to leave the lecture hall. I blinked my eyes as Nora was arching her eyebrow at me. "What are you so into the cloud nine, not hearing anything I just said? Thinking about that gorgeous specimen, aren't you?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows and elbowing me on the arm. I rolled my eyes at her.

"No, I have better things to do than daydreaming. Especially thinking about that douche bag," I said as I was getting up from my seat. I was standing in the aisle of the seats, getting my stuff before I hit someone. "Sorry," was my instant word coming out of my mouth when I did something wrong, even I was not in the wrong. It's just a force of habit.

Damn misogyny, I thought before someone was holding my arm to steady me.

"Woah, you better watch out where you going, sweetheart," said the voice that coming from my right. I looked up instantly as his voice was too magnetic to be ignored. I looked at the most golden eyes that I ever encountered. He was smiling before I turned away from his face as I was staring too long. He chuckled at my reaction.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I gave space for him to pass through.

"No worries, I was the wrong one here. I was not looking where I was going," he said before someone was calling after him from the end of the lecture hall. We both turned before I saw that douche bag again with his ruby eyes and taunted muscles and sinew in the smart casual clothes that he was wearing.

My heart was beating faster inside my chest as my hands started to sweat. It's him! The very person that I just lied to Nora daydreamed about.

"Ethan! Come on, we don't have all day," that voice called after the guy who bumped me. I swear that voice was starting to haunt me, I mused before Ethan excused himself. When I turned toward the front door, that mysterious stranger was there.

"Coming!" Ethan said before he turned to look at me again, his golden eyes were observant. I felt like I was being watched by a predator and I was his prey. However, that feeling was gone for this time, he smiled at me. "Sorry, I got to go now. Connor was calling after me, I believed that he already met you, yes?" he asked before I stammered to find an answer. Ethan chuckled before Nora came to my rescue. God bless her!

"Oh my, I'm so sorry. My best friend here doesn't usually talk to a stranger," Nora said as she took my hand and was looking furiously at Ethan. He smiled before he stared at my friend. It looked like Ethan was one of those people that didn't get pissed by Nora's devil-may-care attitude.

That's one person other than me.

"Of course, where are my manners? My name is Ethan and you are?" He said as he took Nora's hand and she instantly blushed, not knowing how to deflect this gorgeous man who looked pass her rough exterior. Nora snatched her hand back.

"None of your business. Now, if you excuse us, we need to go," Nora said before we exited the lecture hall through the back door. I saw that Connor was looking in my direction as I knew that stare everywhere. I can feel it tingling in the back of my neck. Such an intense guy!