I laughed as she sent me a sarcastic smile and Josh headed toward the Ridley household. It didn't take long for us to get there and Ava was quick to get out of the car as soon as we arrived.

"She really didn't wanna hang with us any longer," Josh joked.

"Nah, just you," I replied with a laugh while Josh shoved my shoulder.

We watched as Ava went up to the house and Fawn opened the door for her, letting her inside. Just as Josh was about to drive, a light in the backseat caught my attention.

"Wait," I said, causing Josh to stop. "Ava left her phone."

I reached into the backseat and grabbed the phone before taking my seatbelt off and opening the door.

"I'll be right back," I said to which Josh just nodded.

I jogged up to the Ridley house, shivering as the cold air hugged my skin and cursing myself for not bringing a heavier jacket. I waited on the porch after knocking on the door and a few moments later, Fox opened it, looking handsome as ever.

"Hey?" he greeted me, quirking his eye brow in confusion.

"Ava left her phone in the car," I said, holding it out for him to take.

"Okay, I'll give it to her," Fox said, taking the phone out of my hand.

"Thanks."

I was about to turn and leave when Fox stopped me.

"You haven't been answering my texts," Fox called out. "Or my calls."

I knew he was basically asking me if I was ignoring him after what happened last night, but he didn't want to come out and say it.

"My phone is off," I told him.

"Why?"

"Just wanted to turn it off for a bit," I said.

Fox hummed and nodded.

"You should come in for a bit," he suggested, his voice sounding inviting. I almost eagerly accepted his offer before realizing Josh was waiting for me.

"Josh is in the car," I told him, pointing back with my thumb.

Fox pursed his lips, his eyes darting back to where the car waited and then back to my face.

"Shame," he said in a low tone. "Should've known though because I know you wouldn't put Ava's life in danger by driving her yourself," he teased with a coy smile.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him on the shoulder.

"I'm not a bad driver," I reminded him.

"Hm okay, whatever you say," Fox teased. "What are you and Josh doing tonight?"

"Just going out."

"Just the two of you?"

I hummed to confirm.

"Like a date?"

I instantly shot Fox a disgusted look. "Ew."

Fox chuckled. "I'm just messing with you. But you know I'm the jealous type..."

"Bye," I abruptly replied, rolling my eyes.

Fox's loud laughter echoed through the air as I briskly made my way back to the car, my body instantly warming when I was inside.

"What were you guys talking about?" Josh asked, pulling away from the curb.

"Nothing. I just stood there and admired his pretty face," I replied.