Chapter 7: May's Birthday!

I woke up, alert and excited.

"It's my birthday!" I shouted, running into Felix and Marzia's room and jumping on them.

"We know" Giggled Marzia

"Presents?" Felix laughed.

I jumped up and down with excitement.

"Yes!" I screamed, shaking as I was so ecstatic.

Felix laughed and pulled out a large parcel wrapped in hot pink butterfly paper with small holes pierced throughout the box, topped with a baby pink ribbon tied in a bow. I squealed with delight and tore open the wrapping paper to reveal a cardboard box with large holes pierced in. Something was moving inside it! I stopped my unwrapping rampage and stared at the box with curiousity. What is it? Felix stopped me as I was about to carry on.

"Be very quiet and careful, May" He whispered to me.

I took off the lid slowly and carefully, to reveal an obsidian black pug puppy much like Edgar!

"Is this mine!?" I whispered loudly to Felix and Marzia, stroking the puppy who must have been, at the most, 3 weeks old.

Marzia nodded at me and squeezed Felix's arm. They looked at each other and kissed. Cute! I picked up the puppy and hugged it tightly. I kissed its forehead and sat it on my lap, stroking it ever so gently, attempting to not frighten my new puppy.

"Are you gonna name her?" Marzia chuckled.

"Yes! Of course!" I said to them.

I thought long and hard on what I wanted to call her. Fluff? Bonni? Ynx? Nala? Lottie? I couldn't decide!

It took me more than 10 minutes to decide on her name! I had finally decided!

"Her name is Bonni!" I eventually announced.

"Cute! It suits her!" Marzia cheered.

"Aw...Little Bonni!" Felix cooed.

"We can call her Bon bon for short!" I joked, although Felix took it seriously and now her nickname is actually Bon Bon! I played with Bonni all day, snuggled with her whilst watching a movie and slept with her at the foot of my bed. I love Bonni! This was definitely the best birthday ever!

*Morning*

"May!" I heard Marzia call me in the morning.

I leapt out of bed and went to go and see what Marzia needed.

"Yes?" I asked, looking at her.

"Wanna take Bonni out for a walk with Maya and Edgar?" She offered me.

I accepted and ran off to get changed. I grabbed Bonni's new collar and lead and exited the house with the 3 pugs and Marzia. We walked them along Brighton beach and up the peer where they met some more pugs who were also black and toffee coloured. Their names were Nala and Toffee. They were lovely and got along with Puga-chan, Edgar and Bonni well. They all played together so we took a walk with the owner, Lexi. Marzia and Lexi talked for hours and I played with the pugs. It was the perfect day for this as the sun was shining brightly, there was no wind and the sky was clear, with not a cloud to be seen. What a lovely week!