Chapter 22: Playing

It was the next day and Felix had to go to a meeting. Marzia and I were left home alone with the babies. That meant whilst Marzia was doing house work I had to entertain Jax and Xavier. I mean Jax was easily impressed, I would play peekaboo with him and he'd cry laugh. But Xavier was a completely different story. He would not stop crying. I tried hugging him, playing with him, feeding him, changing him with Marzia, giving him a drink. Everything. So in the end we put him to bed which stopped the crying.

Jax was definitely the happier twin. I put him in his bouncer, played even more peekaboo, pulled funny faces at him and seeing him laugh and smile was the best feeling. It came to the time when we had to wake Xavier up and he was much happier. I played all the game I had played with Jax, with Xavier. And he loved it.

"Marzia can we go for a walk with Jax and Xavier in the push chair?" I begged.

"Sure just let me finish this then we can go, can you get the changing bag for me please?"

I nodded and ran off to the baby room. I wheeled out the pushchair to the front room and threw the bag in the net compartment underneath the seats. I strapped them in safely and waited for Marzia.

"Oh you did this all? Wow thank you May. That's really helpful thank you so much" Marzia thanked me, walking into the living room and ruffling my hair.

We left the house and went for a stroll in the park. It was so much fun. We went to the new coffee shop that just opened down the road and I got a ice caramel frappacino and Marzia got a hot chocolate. We took a slow walk back, talking about anything really. 

When we got in, I put the push chair back where it was and got Jax and Xavier out. I put them in their cots and turned the lights off. They needed the energy. I went to help Marzia with the house work.

*1 hour later*

We heard the front door open and Felix give the dogs fuss. I ran to greet him.

"Felix!" I jumped into his arms and gave him a big hug.

"Hey may! I've missed you!" He kissed the top of my head.

"How was your meeting?" I asked him.

"It was good. Not as much fun as I heard you've been having" He chuckled.

I smiled at him and went to go get Jax and Xavier who were crying. I handed Xavier to Felix and he was as happy as Jax. He just missed his dad! I held Jax and hushed him back to sleep.