Chapter 22 : The Sorting

SEREL

The lively party ended up quickly as soon as Vaboo with Dr. Harlem, Miss Careda, and Sir Emlei entered the hall. It didn't exactly ended but the noise and liveliness earlier has to stop  since the Headmaster and the teachers came. It's also a cue that we're done getting along and need to proceed to the Sorting.

They stood in the platform and faced everyone with a strict face. Sumulyap ako sa wielders na tila ninenerbyos dahil sa aura na ipinakikita ng aming teachers. I chuckled. Kung ako rin ang nasa kanilang posisyon ay iisipin ko rin na istrikto ang namumuno sa palasyo ngunit dahil kilala ko na ang mga ito, napapatawa na lamang ako dahil alam ko ang totoo.

Although Miss Careda is a little bit strict with her teachings, she's kind and understanding. Sinisiguro niya na natututo kami sa kaniyang itinuturo. Even if one person was to ask her about a certain thing, she won't go to the next topic until that certain person understands.

"Good evening everyone."

Lahat kami ay tumayo upang mag-bigay bati kay Vaboo.

"Before the sorting, let us first greet the Astroloheirs who brought our peace back." Humarap sa amin si Vaboo kaya naman bahagya akong yumuko kasama ng astroloheirs.

"The pure blooded water astroloheir, daughter of astrology Pisces and Cancer, together with her Pixie, Aquacia and Cascade." Aquacia stood up and Cascade appeared on her shoulder. They both bowed on the crowd.

"The pure blooded fire astroloheir, daughter of astrology Aries and Sagittarius. Veiflara and her Pixie, Ember!" Flare stood up with a fierce look while Ember only flicked her hair while sitting on Flare's shoulder.

I sensed her intimidating aura as she look on the wielders who looked scared of her.

"The half blooded water and air astroloheir, daughter of astrology Aquarius and Scorpio. Remeissa and her Pixie, Waverly!" Both of them smiled on the crowd and they stood up.

"The pure blooded air astroloheir, son of Gemini and Libra. Leviticus and his Pixie, Anemone!" Levi stood up proudly with a look of as if he's boasting.

"What an arrogant look," Anemone commented on her master.

"The pure blooded earth astroloheir, daughter of astrology Virgo and Capricorn. Nadiarra together with her Pixie, Tierra!" I looked around and as soon as Nadia stood up and Tierra appeared on her shoulder, there was some kind of effect on my sight when she smiled on the crowd. It looked like she's blooming with flowers.

"The twin guardian astroloheirs, twins of the lost Guardian of Escapies, Aerris. Serel and Dawn with Esmeray and the twin Pixies, Neoma and Solei!" As I stood up with the twins on both of my shoulder, I smiled widely on the crowd and looked around.

Doon natagpuan ng aking mga mata ang gulat na gulat na si Luan. I chuckled when he's looking at me with wide eyes and at the same time, amazed. He must be shocked when my name was called.

"The half blooded fire and earth astroloheir, son of astrology Taurus and Leo. Tyson and his Pixie, Fauna!" Tyson politely smiled and bowed on the crowd when he was called.

"The loyalist guardian astroloheir, daughter of Felicity the Utopia guardian. Fisso with his Pixie, Araminta!" Nahihiyang tumayo si Fisso ngunit bumati pa rin ito.

Halata na hindi ito sanay sa atensyon kaya naman tumawa ako.

"The direct descendant astroloheir of ice, son of the Goddess Brillar, Frioze and his Pixie, Frissa!" Frio stood up. Hindi ko alam kung ako lamang ang nakaramdam ng panlalamig ng tumayo siya ngunit talagang nanindig ang aking mga balahibo.

"The direct descendant astroloheir of time, daughter of the Goddess Zafira, Astoria!" Since Astoria chose not to have a Pixie, she stood up and smiled on the crowd without a Pixie beside her. I don't think she cares about it though.

"And the last direct descendant astroloheir of the galaxy, daughter of the Goddess Estrella, Seria with her Flaries, Shine, Shimmer, and Glimmer!" Tumayo si Seria at nag-pakawala ng malaking ngiti.

After the long greetings and introduction of us, we finally proceeded on with the Sorting. Vaboo called us to go upfront and line up since we'll be the teachers. Well, Seria was the only person that was left behind because she also need a time to learn. Hindi pa nga nito alam kung anong direct ability niya, ang alam ko lamang ay kaya nitong kontrolin ang sikat ng araw. Nothing else.

As the sorting started, we we're surprised to see the abilities they have. Ang buong akala ko ay direct command lamang sa element ang kanilang kakahayan ngunit nagulat ako ng malaman na hindi lamang iyon.

It wasn't something like that. There's an ability born from the element. We're so surprised to know that the thing that Dr. Harlem called 'Side effect' exists.

From the fire element, super strength, shape-shifting, and so many abilities were born. Ganoon din sa iba't ibang elemento kaya nag-kagulo kami. But in the end, we managed to settle it down.

"Luan," Nakuha ni Vaboo ang aking atensyon ng marinig ko ang pangalan ni Luan.

Nag-lakad ito papalapit kay Vaboo. He showed his abilities to everyone and he was assigned to Flare since he can wield fire. Nang tumingin ako sa wielders na under ni Flare ay napatawa ako at kinalabit ang aking katabi na si Dawn.

Nag-tataka itong tumingin sa akin.

"What is it?" He whispered.

I pointed my finger on Flare's direction where her students are visibly scared. Ngumisi ito at ginawa rin ang ginawa ko sa kaniya sa katabi nito na si Tyson. With that, everyone laughed at Flare and felt sympathy on her students because among us all, she's the most upset about having the wielders.

The abilities under the certain elements were assigned on each of the astroloheirs. Halos iilan lamang ang estudyante na napunta kay Astoria. Dahil iba rin kami ni Dawn ay saamin inassign ni Vaboo and basic teaching and history class.

The party ended well with our exhausted minds and bodies. We had to cope up with the surprises. Kaya naman nang nakarating ako sa aming dormitory ay mabilis akong pumunta sa aking kwarto upang makapag-pahinga na. I didn't bothered to change my clothes and wipe my face.

Nang makahiga ako sa aking kama ay dinig na dinig ko pa ang sunod sunod na reklamo ng astroloheir. Bago ako tuluyang hilalin ng antok ay naramdaman ko ang maliliit na kamay na dumadampi sa aking mukha.