In The Alley - Kurapika x Reader

KURAPIKA CULT TIME!

KURAPIKA CULT TIME!

Prompt 1 - There's people chasing us and I pulled you into the alley with me and wow you're close

•••

Both you and Kurapika work as bodyguards for Neon. And, as fast as he became friends with Gon, Leorio, and Killua, the two of you became pretty close. Closer than normal for coworkers.

Now, you have a MASSIVE crush on the Kurta; however, you didn't want to bring up in fear of him rejecting you and causing your friendship to crumble with your heart.

Kurapika has asked you to help him with a mission. Said mission was using you to spy on the Phantom Troupe. You knew all about the Kurta clan, how they were brutally murdered, and that Kurapika vowed to get revenge.

He trusts you.

'Only as a friend.'  You thought. You know Kurapika would only think of you as a friend. The fact that you even got as far to call him your friend is a miracle.

Your phone ringing brought out of your depressing thoughts. Without looking at who the caller was, you answered.

"Yeah?"

"Y/N. Get out of the building NOW. They saw you." The familiar voice of your crush said. Looking in front of you, you saw two members of the Troupe look in your direction.

You had been sitting in a corner of the nearly abandoned hotel, hiding behind a plant. Your job was to keep a close eye on the Troupe, yet your thoughts caused you to accidentally make you turn from a bystander to the prey.

Immediately hanging up on Kurapika, you bolted out of the hotel. Kurapika ran out from his spot in the alley beside the building to join you.

The two of you didn't get far before your blonde partner grabbed your shirt and swiftly pulled you into another alley. This space was smaller than Kurapika's previous spot and had fence, separating  the two streets on the sides of the alley. 

The Kurta had both of you crouch behind a dumpster as the two Spiders from earlier ran past the alley.

Trying to catch your breath, you realized that, when Kurapika had made you crouch, he had simultaneously pulled you into his chest.

"U-uh Pika? I think you can let me go now." You mumbled. The male's arms retracted from you as he stood, looking on both ends of the alley to make sure none of the Spiders were waiting.

"The coast is clear. We should hop over the fence just to be safe." He said, holding his hand out to help you up.

Taking it, you stood; yet, neither of you let go of each other's hand. After what seemed like forever, you pulled your hand away and chuckled nervously.

"Thanks for that save, Kurapika. I owe ya one." You threw the Kurta a genuine smile before starting to climb up the fence. Kurapika just glanced at his hand and muttered a 'yeah'. He still hadn't moved when you reached the top of the chain fence. You lifted one of your legs over to the other side before saying, "Are you coming?"

Kurapika snapped out of his daze and looked up at you. He nodded and followed you up the fence.

After all, this mission wasn't over yet.

•••

༄Donations༄
https://ko-fi.com/kayleekat