Infirmary hang-out

«Well, if it isn't the little troublemaker.»

A quick grimace traversed your features when doctor Kureha smirked down at you, slightly tilting her head so her silver hair fell on her shoulder.

«I was starting to wonder when I would see you again. You're late this year.»

«Sorry for making you wait.» you grumbled sarcastically, a hand rubbing your sore arm.

Her brown eyes glided to your limb and she hinted at one of the cots behind her.

Despite being quite late at night, various people were in the infirmary. The Duelling Club could get harsh after all, especially during a tournament. Injured students were hanging out on their bed, some with friends assisting them.

Perona nudged you lightly and you sat on the cot, while Killer stood right beside you.

An enchanted parchment appeared mid-air in front of the doctor, and a floating feather scribbled down something on the bottom of an already long list.

«Here's your personal scroll.» Kureha grinned «I'll add this to your debts then.»

You groaned, pinching the bridge of your nose.

It was Kureha's style. She would treat everyone that came to the infirmary, in exchange of "debts". Nobody knew exactly how old she was, but generations of wizards and witches had passed through her cares, and she never changed. Once the students she treated became successful members of the magic society, Kureha would appear at some point in their life to collect the favours they owed her from their school years.

Given your assiduous presence in the infirmary, you were going to spend your adult life assisting her demands.

«Come on then, remove your vest.» she ordered, turning then to Killer «Are you planning on staying here and watch, young man?»

«N-No.» he quickly replied, a faint blush adorning his cheeks below the thick bangs.

He stepped back so Perona could pull the curtain around your bed.

You took off your uniform and remained in your underwear.

Doctor Kureha examined your arm, eliciting some flinches and gasps of pain.

«Your humerus is chipped.» she eventually said «Chopper!»

«Yes, doctorine!» a childish voice called from another bed beyond the curtain.

«When you're done with long-nose, prepare a Milky Potion for the little troublemaker, here.» she then turned to you «It will be mildly painful for a couple of hours, but you can go back to your dormitory after you drink it.»

«Thank you, doctor.» you muttered, placing your vest back on.

«Oh, don't thank me yet.» she smirked, a dangerous glimmer in her eyes «You're going to pay me back for each one of these favours. And I have high hopes for you, kid.»

You grimaced while she left your bed with a laugh.

«Is everything okay?» Killer asked, walking over.

«Yeah, just a chipped bone. I'll be brand new in a couple of hours, apparently.» you smiled, lightly patting your arm.

«That old hag.» Perona huffed, plopping on the bed next to you.

You looked towards one of the cots in the corner, where the bigger group in the room was. The humanoid reindeer was busy treating the patient.

Chopper was a cute, peculiar creature that was studying healing arts under doctor Kureha. Voices had it he was some sort of failed experiment of his previous master or a hybrid born from a beastly union, but nobody knew for sure.