End of the night

A/N. Hey guys! Sorry for the long absence and sorry for this brief chapter I came back with. 😭

As some of you may know, I took a break from writing because I was working on my PhD thesis. Now that one is completed, so I'm easing back in before I start posting Bonds in a few weeks. UNFORTUNATELY, as I went back to write this chapter, I realized that I lost the notepad where I had all my notes for Mudblood! I think I left it at work, anyway I will find it (and even if I don't, I can still continue with the story, don't worry. I made those notes once, I can do it again).

ANYWHO I didn't want to leave you guys hanging any longer, so have this little chapter. It's not much, but it's helping me coming back little by little.

Thank you all for being so patient and supporting with me. ❤️

*

«Water or fire. You can choose, little Y/n.»

«What a lucky girl!»

«Such an honor!»

«Come along now.»

...

«Wait.»

...

«Where's daddy?»

Your eyes snapped open and you gasped raggedly, finally able to breathe. Your lungs felt on fire and your limbs were... numb, stinging.

«Y/n?»

You blinked a couple of times then raised your face.

A wide office with dim lights, mostly the moon beyond the big windows, an ancient desk, books, plants, models of the solar system. Chakra maps, constellations, floral guides and pictures of the human body were covering the walls. The ceiling glowed with a model of the milky way, lazily coiling on itself.

Your gaze wandered around the room before landing on the man leaning beside you.

«Here, drink this-yoi.»

Professor Fushichō offered you a porcelain cup.

You frowned, trying to collect your memories.

What the hell happened? I remember a beautiful woman, the occamy... right, the scan!

As soon as you shifted on the little couch, you realized your clothes were soaked in sweat.

«Take it easy.»

Finally, you took the cup from the professor's hands. Its warmth was welcomed on your idle skin. The colour of the liquid was deep blue.

«It's an Dusk Tea. It'll help release the tension.»

«What happened?»

«The scan had a heavier toll on your body than we expected.»

The new voice almost startled you.

Nico Robin came forward from the shadows of the room.

«Okay, is there anybody else in here?» you asked, looking around.

Marco chuckled.

«No, but the headmaster and the Donquixotes are just outside my office. We can call them, if you wish.»

So this is Prof. Fushichō's office. One of the few I hadn't visited yet.

«It's fine, just tell me what happened. Is it even the same day?» you tiredly grumbled before taking a sip of the concoction.