Scanned

Killer exchanged a confused glance with Heat over your head while you leaned down to happily consume your meal.

«Today's breakfast is not bad at all!» you chimed, tongue darting out to collect some porridge from your lip «That's good, I really need all the energy I can get.»

Perona frowned, watching you eat with enthusiasm. Not once in six years she had seen you so beaming that early in the morning.

«Y/n, a question.» she started, leaning over the table to get closer «Did you take an anxiolytic potion or something? Remember when you tried to make one for that long-nose guy in Gryffindor, that didn't go very well.»

«Mph, what are ya talking about?» you mumbled with your mouth full «You know I suck at Potions, I couldn't possibly attempt that in one night!»

«Right...»

Perona leaned back and her eyes trailed onto Killer, who shook his head.

After seeing you so devoured by anxiety just the night before, it was clear something major had changed.

«Did you ask Gambia to fix you up with something?» Heat quietly asked.

«Wha--? No!» you swallowed the last bite and dropped the fork on the plate «I'm fine guys, I just figured it wasn't worth worrying too much, okay? Let's go now, we don't wanna be late for Prof. Donquixote.»

«Sure...»

Your group mixed with the crowd exiting the Great Hall and distributing into the various flights of stairs. Perona slowed down to walk beside Killer, just behind you.

«What kind of magic remedy do you thing she messed around with?» she whispered.

The blonde shrugged.

«Maybe she just snapped.»

«That's way worse!»

Transfiguration proceeded smoothly, and Charms after that.

Despite both classes being shared with Ravenclaw, you didn't even look at Trafalgar's way, this time.

After all, he had been nothing but unpleasant towards you since the beginning of the year, so he could stew in his misery for all you cared. You had more pressing matters at the moment anyway.

«Hey, Killer.» you called, walking out the castle to reach the greenhouse.

He turned to you.

«You speak Gaelic, right?»

His concealed eyebrow flicked below his thick bangs.

«Scottish Gaelic, kind of.» he confirmed «It would be more accurate to say I understand it though. I can't actually speak it much.»

«Really?»

Now that he mentioned it, you had never seen him start a conversation in that mysterious language. It was mostly Kid talking and Killer nodding, sometimes replying with a few sparse words.

«I see. Where did you learn?»

He remained silent for some time and you regretted asking. It could sound like an innocent question, but Killer rarely said anything about his past, and his blue eyes normally incinerated whomever dared bringing it up.

You were about to backtrack when he finally spoke.

«Kid taught it to me when we were children.» he simply said.

What?

Your eyes widened.

It was hard to picture Kid teaching anything of the sort to anyone, especially not as a child. You always thought they simply came from a region where Gaelic was still a school subject.