"What'd she say?" Joel asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Elena and Lucy are in danger."

Stefan scoffed angrily. "What, and you didn't think you should ask her to elaborate?"

"Everything she says is a lie!" Damon defended himself. "How am I supposed to know if she's gonna start spouting off the truth?"

"Well, we have to go talk to her," Joel suggested. If his sisters were in danger and Katherine knew, she probably knew who took them.

Stefan nodded in agreement.

"No, no," Damon glared at them. "Let me tell you how that's gonna go. We're gonna go ask her for help, she's gonna negotiate her release—which we're gonna be dumb enough to give her—and then she's gonna get out and kill us. That's exactly what she wants."

"I really don't care," Stefan turned to leave but Damon's voice stopped him.

"It's a bad idea, Stefan."

Stefan turned to glare at him. "It's Elena and Lucy."

He walked off to find Bonnie, hoping that she could lower the tomb spell to get Katherine out. They had to bargain something in order to get information out of the older vampire.

-

Lucy woke up to someone brushing the hair out of her face and a slight pounding at the back of her head. Her eyes widened as she remembered that someone had hit her head and she quickly sat up, noticing that Elena had been the one getting her hair out of her face.

She looked around; it looked like they were in an abandoned house that somehow had electricity. There were books scattered all over the place and piled high onto a table, boards covering the windows, and a ratted old couch that she and Elena were sitting on.

"Elena, where are we?" she whispered frantically, looking at her sister with wide eyes. "What's going on?"

"Shh!" Elena hushed her, placing a finger to her lips and glancing at the doorway to her right. She looked back to Lucy and quietly whispered, "Some vampires took us. I have no idea where we are."

"Who are they?"

Elena shook her head. "I don't know."

"How are the girls?" Lucy overheard a female with an English accent say from down the hallway Elena had looked at.

"The one is still passed out," This time it was a man's voice with the same accent.

"You didn't touch them, did you?"

"Give me some credit, Rose," the man snapped. "So, you called him?"

Lucy looked at Elena, confused, and Elena silently told her that they were the vampires who kidnapped them.

"No, I called one of his contacts," the woman—the man called her Rose—corrected him. "You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" the man asked sternly.

Elena got off the couch and gestured for Lucy to follow her. Lucy complied, following her into the hallway where the voices were louder.

"They say he got it."

"Wonderful and what?"

"So, that's it, Trevor," Rose sighed, sounding exasperated. "He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait."

"Look, it's not too late," From the sound of Trevor's voice, he was frightened. "We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this."

Lucy and Elena crept through the hallway and stopped at the end of it, peeking their heads around the doorway into another room. There was a man and a woman arguing—like their voices suggested. The man was tall and had a haggard appearance, his hair touching his scruffy chin. The woman was almost as tall as the man with her brunette hair cut short and spiky.