The saddest part is that my family still doesn't know about the breakup. That's why everytime my mom asks me anything about him I change the subject real quick.

And you know what, my pathetic ass still doesn't want them to know. I was always the loser in the family, the one that got behind in all kinds of situations, the airhead with the pretty face.

I was getting tired of everything. Close after my last breakup I got so depressed, I even considered not working at all. Sitting in my apartment all day long, without food or care. But that obviously wouldn't work, because depression doesn't pay the bills.

Nate, my ex, really was everything to me. I did all I could to hold on to our relationship and invested most of my time into him. I forgot about my own future and even dismissed a potential raise and working abroad, just to stay with him. Stupid, I know. If I could turn back time I could beat myself to pulp.

So that's me, the average depressed working human being.

I finally arrived at my job and greeted my coworkers, trying very hard to hold small talk.

This day went by pretty fast, because of the busy schedule we received from our boss. But by the end of my workday, came a surprise. I sighed and rolled my eyes when I heard his voice behind me.

"Hello Isabelle, how're you doing." It didn't sound like a question, but I still answered, you know, just out of politeness.

"Good evening, I'm fine, how're you?" I said turning my chair to face him. "I'm fine, thank you." Of course you're fine, it's your damn business.

Apparently I was the only woman who hasn't slept with Stan to get a promotion. The thought of sleeping with that vile man always made me sick to the core. One day I actually vomited during my lunch break, after I caught him secretly taking pictures of my legs. But I never confronted the pervert, because... I needed the job. So I lived with it.

I stood up and awkwardly made eye contact with him. He tried smiling at me, which was obviously forced. "So, I have to talk to you, please come to my office to discuss some business." he said. 

"Sure, no problem" I answered hesitantly, he could just call me from the phone, why come here. I followed him to his office, but in the middle of our walk there, he stopped abruptly and briskly turned around. What was he doing?

He slowly started getting closer and closer, eventually pushing me harshly against the wall as he put his sweaty hands next to my head. "What're you doing?" I asked him nervously, knowing very well what he was planning on doing. 

"Boss, I have to finish working on those files today. I can get back to work immediately and not mention this ever again." I said trying to get out of the closed circle his 'sweaty hands' created.

"Isabelle, it's time, I know you want it." he whispered, now breathing on my neck. At this point I was utterly disgusted so I did what my instincts were telling me to do. Something I wanted to do ever since my first work day, but couldn't, only to keep this job.

I kicked him right where the sun don't shine. He crunched back and started crying out loudly, clearly suffering in great pain.

"You B$tch! You're fired!!" he yelled with the strength he had left. I was shocked, I have to admit I began shaking like a coward. Trying to say something, protest, argue with him, but nothing came out.

So I walked away. Still shook with what happened. 

Not only from the assault, but from the fact that I had lost my job as well. 

When I was packing everything away, I felt the tears collecting in my eyes, but refused to cry in front of anyone. I tried to ignore the judgmental stares my coworkers were casting me. And it was only when I exited the building and walked through the pouring rain that I unleashed my tears.