"So Cole, I don't get it. Why didn't you tell Allison about you being a... you know what?" Jay asked.

"There's no reason she needs to know." I answered.

"There's no reason she can't." Nya added.

"Yes there is." I mumbled to myself.

"What's wrong?" Jay asked as he noticed I was upset.

"I just don't want her to know ok?" I said as I broke eye contact with them. "It was just a hard time for me and you know I don't like to talk to about it. The last thing I need is my daughter asking me questions about it."

"Is this about what you saw in the caves of despair?" He asked.

"No, it's about what I didn't see." I sighed and looked at my hands. "Sometimes I still don't see my reflection and now that I'm a father it scares me. I lost my mother when I was around Allison's age and I don't want her to go through what I did."

"I didn't know it bothered you that much." Jay frowned.

"It didn't used to, but lately it's all I can think about." I frowned. "Mainly because it's not just about me anymore."

"I get it, you have a family now." Jay said. "If you don't want us to tell her, then we won't."

"Thanks guys." I said.

"And we'll always be here to help you with Allison if you need us." Nya assured me.

"Of course." Jay agreed.

"Thanks." I smiled.

The place where my scar on my forehead used to be was starting to ache. Oddly, that had been happening a lot over the last few days. It usually only happened on occasion or when I use my lava arms for too long, but it kept happening more and more. That's why I always get so worried because Allison has that ability too.

"Hey you alright buddy?" Jay asked.

"I'm fine I'm just tired from the long drive over here." I lied. "You guys can stay up if you want but I'm gonna hit the sack."

I stood up and got dizzy. It took a minute for my vision to clear up so I had to close my eyes and catch my balance on the wall.

"You sure you're ok?" Nya asked.

"Yeah I've just been getting these migraines and headaches lately." I admitted. "I'm sure it's nothing."

I saw Nya and Jay look at each other. I don't think they believed me.

"It doesn't look like nothing." Jay said.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired." I lied. "Good night you guys."

"Night." Nya said.

I managed to make it to the bedroom I was staying in and get into bed. I thought some sleep would clear my head.

>>>>>>>•••<<<<<<<

"Cole." I heard a voice say.

I kept looking around to see where that was coming from, but I didn't find it.