Prologue

Once upon a time, there was the most magnificent chateau in all the realms. It was known throughout all the realms as a hospitality and generosity. At the chateau lived the well respected and handsome Lord Killian Jones along with his loving and faithful wife, Milah. They were beloved by all in the village. Unfortunately their happiness would not last long.

On a savage stormed filled night, the bedroom in the east wing caught fire. As the wind hollowed, and the smoke rose up to the heavens it was a minor miracle that only the east wing bedroom was destroyed in the fire, and not the entire chateau. Sadly that was the only good thing to happen that fateful night.

In order to escape the blistering flames of the fire Milah had jumped from a window, and fallen to her death. Killian had lost everything his reputation, his love, and his handsome face.

As the years went by his grief and anger consumed him, turning him into horrid man. He became feared by all who worked in the chateau and in the village. For years he cared for no one but himself and his needs. The once bright and hopeful village became a bleak and desolate land.

There was no hope for the land, the people, or the Lord. All their hope for the future seemed to have gone up in flames. But even a flower can still bloom after the most disastrous of fires.