•십오•

jungkook had been gazing down at yoongi for too long, eyes refusing to leave his relaxed form.

he took in his high, shaped cheekbones, and the way they reflected the light as if he was wearing make-up. the almost feline curve of his eyes, dark eyelashes rimming the lids.

his clear skin was pale and milky, not a single mark standing out on it; a blank canvas. then jungkook's gaze trailed down to his lips and he exhaled, eyes gluing to them.

they were a baby pink, slightly parted with his small teeth ever so slightly visible from underneath them.

jungkook wanted to kiss him, he realised.

jungkook shook his head, trying to clear those intrusive thoughts out of his head. he couldn't be thinking about yoongi like that, at least not now.

yoongi started to squirm a little, a high-pitched whine escaping his lips as he buried his face further into jungkook's chest. the youngest smiled, eyes on fire with fondness, that small freckle underneath his chin pulling up with his lips.

"you awake, hon?"
yoongi nodded, jungkook squeezing the shortest tighter and bringing the blanket higher on his shoulders. "you've been out for," jungkook eyed the black clock hanging on the wall, "about forty minutes maybe?"

"mm..." yoongi made a noise that resembled a mewl, arching his back and stretching. jungkook chuckled, that burning sensation back with a vengeance; his entire body felt like it was tingling, his stomach swooping as if he was on a rollercoaster.

yoongi's eyes opened tiredly, immediately searching for jungkook's face and smiling when he saw him. "d'you sleep well?"
"mm."
yoongi stretched his arms out, sleeves falling down to his elbows and exposing those pearl bandages.

jungkook's smile faltered, eyes flitting down to the strip of white. yoongi noticed this, pulling down his sleeve self-consciously and looking down at his hands. "hey, hon, i was just looking."

"but you... look disappointed."
jungkook shook his head, dark air falling over his eyes and making him brush the strands away. "no, no, never. you could never disappoint me."

yoongi looked up at jungkook, eyes being the key into his emotions; his face was blank, but his eyes were vulnerable. the youngest acted before he thought, placing a hand on yoongi's cheek and moving his thumb back and forth on the soft skin.

the shortest blushed pink, a tiny shadow of a smile dusting over his lips. yoongi leaned into the touch, the warmth of jungkook's palm comforting him. "kookie?"
"yeah?"

"any news about your mum?
jungkook shrugged, a hood of shadow falling over his face; his eyebrows almost touching together, eyes shining with something like sadness.

"sorry, kook. i shouldn't have asked."
"no, it's okay."
yoongi grabbed onto his wrist, pulling his slightly larger palm away from his face and intertwining their fingers.

"you can talk to me, you know? that's all i'm gonna say."
yoongi stuck to his word, closing his mouth after and squeezing jungkook's hand before releasing it. the youngest was refusing to make eye contact, irises staring with laser-like focus at his sweatpant-covered thighs.

the elder gave him one last glance before shrugging himself out of the blanket, slowly getting to his feet and stretching. he made his way over to the door before he was being pinned to the wall, a dark figure looming over him.

yoongi squeaked, face flushing bright red and eyes glazing over with fear.

he frowned, trying to tug his hand free of jungkook's grip, "kook, what are you-"
jungkook shushed him, gradually loosening his grip and bringing him into his muscled arms.

"i don't want you to go." jungkook murmured against his purple hair, nose inhaling the sweet scent of his shampoo; yoongi had showered that very morning. yoongi sighed, face buried into jungkook's chest.

"kook, you can't keep sending me mixed signals like this."
jungkook braced himself, ready for an insult or a cold comment to shut him down.

it never came.

"mixed signals?" he finally asked, pondering over the question in his head. "yeah, mixed signals. one second you act like you want me around, like you care, and then the next you're shutting me out and treating me like a piece of shit!"

yoongi's voice had an edge of irritation to it, but it was mostly mellow and curious. jungkook shook his head, head lifting and he watched as yoongi tilted to face him.

"i always want you around, hyung. you understand me better than any of the other members, and i think i-"
jungkook cut himself off, going red and shaking his head.

"you think you...?"
"it's nothing. i forgot what i was going to say halfway through my sentence, that's all."
yoongi eyed him suspiciously, but nodded, not wanting to pressure the younger into telling him anything.

"well, kook, i love having you around as well. you have this way of making me feel safe even when i never really do. so thank you for that."

jungkook grinned, pearly white teeth making yoongi's heart burn with affection. he could have kissed him, right now, but he didn't. he stayed put, feeling jungkook's arms tighten around his waist.

you see, yoongi was scared of getting rejected. especially by one of his own band members, someone he would have to see every day, go on tour with, share rooms with.

the elder shook the thought from his mind, watching jungkook's smile again and smiling back. "god, your smile is fuckin' adorable."

jungkook's sudden compliment made yoongi flush, grin reaching further up his cheeks and creasing his eyes; the taller chuckled at how flustered yoongi could get.

before yoongi could even react jungkook's warm lips had made contact with his cheek, sparks shooting over the expanse of skin. then it was over, jungkook's arms unravelling from his body as the youngest made his way out of the room with a smirk.

yoongi's hand went up and touched his cheek, eyes widening incredulously.

they both thought the same thing at the same time.

fuck it.

it's love.

a.n: ooo things are getting spicy (I just checked the reads and omg 500 i'm-)