Chapter Thirteen

A/N - this chapter is going to bounce around a bit so stay with me.

--------------------
Tyler POV

"Please Mr Douglas," the plain clothed detective was talking at him.

Tyler was staring into... what? His future? His past? The flashing red and blue lights of the multiple police cars and ambulances that surrounded him were nothing compared to the crowds of accusing onlookers.

He looked down at his hands. They were clean now; but really; would they ever be clean again?

"Mr Douglas, you'd save all of us a lot of time if you could just explain why you're covered in blood?" The detective asked him again.

He wasn't. Not really, not anymore, anyway. They'd taken his clothes and stripped him down to nothing. Even his boxer briefs were red with blood and now he sat there wrapped in several blankets on the back step of the ambulance while multiple paramedics stood by looking surly.

"You have no injuries," an accompanying police officer added, "it's not your blood,"

"No," Tyler shook his head. "It's not,"

Earlier that Day - Melissa POV

"Daniel?!" Melissa exclaimed when the billionaire opened the door. He was wearing black leather gloves and looked equally as surprised to see her.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded, pushing the door shut enough that she couldn't see any further into the room. "I told you, I'd handle it,"

"You might as well invite her in Mr Hennessy," a male voice growled and Daniel hesitated.

There was movement behind him and Ally Lund was standing in the door looking out at her. She looked angry at first but her eyes softened when she saw Tyler.

"Why did you bring an innocent into this?" She demanded and Daniel moved aside for Ally to force the door open.

The blonde stepped aside and Melissa looked to see that Collin Sandford was standing there pointing a gun directly at her.

Tyler POV

"Silence isn't an option here, Mr Douglas, our forensics lab will have the results of those blood tests quickly." The detective continued to drill him.

Tyler tried to focus on the officer but his heart was beating so fast that it was difficult to hear beyond the pounding in his ears and the growing murmur of the onlookers.

He still said nothing.

There was an uproar nearby and the detective looked away from him to see a uniformed police officer making his way over officiously.

The detective stepped away and they had a hurried conversation under their breaths.

"Where?" Tyler heard the detective demand and the officer turned around to gesture and provide him with details to the alley behind the building.

Tyler began to panic.

What had they found?

The detective nodded and turned back to him.