Chapter One

Melissa was in an excellent mood by the time she got home. She could tell Blake was home the moment she walked through the front door of the apartment, she could smell him, it was a good smell.

Her shoes clacked on the white tiled floor as she passed the dining room and headed into the kitchen.

It was the hub of the home and right in the centre of the twentieth floor apartment. They had the entire level of the Watson Tower and only five stories below the penthouse. The view from any room of the city around them was spectacular, but Melissa's favourite was... or had been; that of the city's Central Park.

She'd placed her keys in the bowl by the door on her way past and quickly removed her heels, depositing them in an invisible closet; named so because it was built into the wall and if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't.

This was how Blake had no idea how many sets of shoes she owned, and it was potentially excessive.

Not that shoes were her only vice.

Growing up with a mother who was one of the more respected surgeons in the city, long before she'd left the public system and opened her own practice; Melissa wanted for nothing growing up. Her parents were reasonably wealthy but mostly they were just very well connected, and that came with a lot of perks.

Her love for fine things stemmed from a childhood where wealthy patients lavished upon Melissa, whether out of friendship or gratitude. Either way Melissa had been very young the first time she was given a pair of designer shoes and her desire to grow and develop in the world of beautiful things only grew as she did.

Being the only daughter of Dr. Carter definitely had its perks. Especially once you too were a Dr. Carter (even though your name was actually Dr. Wright). If only her brother Dimitri had chosen a medical career instead of becoming a personal trainer.

His nickname was Dim, though.

She was checking the fridge for inspiration when two muscly arms wrapped about her and the much stronger scent of Blake washed over her, invading her senses as he buried his face into the right hook of her neck.

She'd had quite the session in that sauna with Lola but that didn't dampen her appetite one bit. She leant backwards feeling his hard chest against her shoulders and his lips worshipped her neck. He'd just brought his hands up to cup her breasts when they heard the front door open again.

Blake let his hands fall to her hips and his head returned to its normal height as Tyler came around the corner into the kitchen.

"Hey guys," he greeted them warmly, he was in his Subway uniform having just finished work and smelled like he'd laboured harder than a sandwich artist ought to have.

"Hey man," Blake fist-bumped him, moving out from behind her. Melissa realised as he did that there was no longer the pressure of his erection against her arse.

Damn Tyler. That guy was giving people blue balls and not just Jack.

"Is Jack home yet?" He enquired, looking off down the hall to Jack's bedroom door which was closed as usual.

"Not yet," Blake told him and Melissa felt decidedly less fond of the young man now that she knew for a moment she and Blake had had the apartment to themselves and might still have if he weren't here.

Not that she was bitter or anything.

On the contrary she actually rather liked Tyler, even if he was straight and Jack was clearly in lust with him.

Thinking of lust. She wondered if Blake would consider sneaking off to the bedroom with her. It would probably be fairly obvious to Tyler what they were up to though, and while she didn't really care, she knew Blake would think it was rude.