FAQ

Questions y'all have asked me over time and in the last chapter :)

Did you write this song?

No! It's a song by Marianas Trench and I totally recommend you go look it up… It will make you cry and feel all of the things.

Who is/was your favorite 1D member?

Niall. He always seemed like the kind of guy I was interested in. Funny, sarcastic, sassy. 

Is your real name Katie Jane?

Nope. My name is just Katie. My middle name is Ann (and Puanani…. I have two middle names) If you're looking for Katie Jane, she has a Wattpad and it's @stanzas and she's great.

Are you in the five sauce fam/Do you like 5 Seconds of Summer?

I enjoy their music but I would not classify myself as a major fan of theirs. They're talented, I've just drifted more toward Broadway-style music. 

What gives you inspiration to write your stories?

Everything. Music, people, events, places. 

Who is Aaron Tveit?

A Broadway God. He originated the roles of Gabe (Next to Normal) and Frank (Catch Me If You Can the Musical) and has played Fiyero in Wicked, Link in Hairspray and so many other fantastic roles. He's also super cute. And has the voice of an angel. He's also Mike in Graceland :)

What happened to Lightning? Are you going to continue the Song Series?

I removed Lightning for multiple reasons. Although I had the whole story planned out, it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I'm the most critical person when it comes to putting up stories on Wattpad and usually if a story disappears, it means I wasn't happy with it and/or I knew I wasn't doing a good job continuing it. Which is why I'm not continuing the Song Series. It's not just because I'm not longer a big fan of One Direction, but also because I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. I wanted it to be incredible, which I cannot do unless I am dedicating all of my time to Wattpad.

What made you not like One Direction anymore?

There wasn't just one thing that made me go 'whoop, I don't like them anymore'. And it's not that I don't like them. I still like their music and they're still good guys. It's just that I'm not longer intrigued and obsessed with the idea of them. I grew out of the phase, I guess. I hate saying that because it's like that it's a bad thing to like them, it's just that I started focusing on my real life and real life boys that I knew. It made me a happier person to go out and meet people and do more outside of the internet and One Direction. Plus I met a boy and that kind of helped a LOT :)

Is this how you planned the story to end?

Yes! I've had this idea in my head since I started it.

Personal tips for writing in general?

Don't write for anyone else. Don't write for your fans on Wattpad, don't write for your friends, write for you. If you aren't enjoying bringing a story to life, then don't write it. Whether it's a plot line or just writing in general. I think that's what has happened to Wattpad and why it no longer interests me as much. Everyone is so obsessed with this idea of 'how many followers do i have' that it's no longer about the writing. A lot of people think it's an easy way to get fame. I mean, I love having 80k fans, but that's not why I started writing. I had no idea it would grow this much. I wrote because that's what I love to do.

Do you write stories based off of how you feel sometimes?

Yes and I think that's sometimes why my stories get deleted. I'll write something that I'm feeling, post it, and then a week later I'm not longer feeling that which makes it a lot harder to write. 

What inspired you to write this story? Do you have any personal message behind it?

I was tired of the cliche 'I'm a fan' stories. I figured this was a good 'hey Zayn is a real person with real feelings and Joelle isn't into dating and she's not going to fall in love with him because of who he is'. I didn't want to bring up the whole 'he's famous' thing a lot because I feel that in his real life, that's not what happens. When dating, I doubt his girlfriend goes 'hey i'm dating a famous guy'. it's more like 'i'm dating a great guy that cares for me and tried really hard to make me feel comfortable'. 

How have you developed as a writer? 

Well I'm better with grammar now than I used to be. I'm also a lot more creative with my plots (I like to think, anyways.)

Which scenes in this story or any other works of yours have made you laugh the hardest and cry the most?

You know, I actually don't laugh or cry at my own work. I think since I thought it up, I just hope that it makes other people laugh or cry. I'm not personally affected, I guess. Haha.

When are you posting Princess of Nothing?

I posted a few chapters and hopefully when my time frees up a bit more, I'll be posting chapters more frequently :)