Chapter Six

Zayn

The fact that she said yes, blew me away; I felt as though she should have been much more reluctant. But now that she agreed, I feel like I'm on top of the world. Sure, I would have to dye my hair pink if the date went horribly, but I had a chance. For some strange reason, I thought she would decline and I would never see her again. The other boys had definitely picked up on the fact that something good had happened, since I was participating more in conversations and was probably more animated than I had been in a while. I caught Harry and Louis sharing a look about me, but instead of commenting on it - I smiled at the both of them.

It wasn't because I had a date, because I could have one whenever I wanted. As sad as it was, there were many people who were at my beck and call. There was something different about having a date with Joelle; I think it had to do with her attitude towards me. She showed a kind of interest in me, yet also wasn't attempting to force her way into my life. She knew what annoyed celebrities and managed to avoid it, and she knew how to listen.

"Okay, thanks guys! It's been a very productive day with interviews!" Jen congratulated us. She looked exhausted and I pitied her, she definitely did not have the easiest job around. But she did have the best job ever. 

"I didn't break anything. Therefore I am your favorite today, correct?" Louis said, paying attention the conversation for a total of five seconds to hear the answer.

"No, because you were annoying. Anyways, I'll see you guys later. I have to go pick up Olivia." Jen smiled before heading out the door of the third interview station we were at. 

Louis went back to finding out how many M&Ms he could throw into the flower pot on the table in the conference room. Harry was sitting on the couch, face stuck into his phone as he scrolled up and down. Niall was laughing at Louis. Liam was yawning while standing with his arms crossed, trying this best to listen to the people talking to him. I just watched everything going on around me, as I thought about the upcoming date with Joelle. It seemed like everything was happening in slow motion, yet it was also happening faster than lightning. 

"Zayn, mate, you look like you're thinking way too hard." Harry commented, having apparently stuffed his phone back into his pocket and now paying attention to what was going on around him. 

"Nah, exhausted though. I'm heading out, see you." I said it quickly, grabbing my jacket and shrugging it onto my shoulders. I barely said another word as I exited the building, with at least two security guards following me incase there was trouble with mass amounts of fans. A cab was already there, since Jen always calls ahead to get a couple of cabs for those of us who couldn't drive yet. 

I really had no reason to drive, I was perfectly content with cabs and catching rides with friends. There never had been an absolute need for a car. I didn't think when I got into the car, I just grabbed my phone and entered the number in as 'Joelle'. There would be no confusion as to who I was talking about, since this girl was so fantastically unique. 

Girls didn't get me this wound up and I chastised myself for letting something so tiny take over my thought process. I wasn't able to fix that, though, all I could see was unruly curly hair and shocking green eyes that stood out like a candle in a dark room. But I couldn't let myself get into this, all it would lead to was trouble. So after texting her to meet me at this little cafe in the middle of nowhere at noon the next day, I resolved to focus on everything but that girl.