Chapter Ten

Zayn

The days seemed to get shorter as the countdown began for our tour. Usually, I'd be as excited about it as Niall was - he wouldn't shut up about how close we were to leaving. The only thing that ever really made me homesick was my family, wishing I could see them a lot more than I get to. But now I was thinking about Joelle and how much we had bonded over the last few weeks. But is 'bonded' even the right word to describe what happened between the two of us? Whenever I was on the verge of asking her out 'officially', she would start acting distant. As if she could sense the question, and she clammed up.

"So why haven't you made it official yet?"

"Jeez, Harry, do you just read my thoughts or what?" 

"Nope, but you've been texting her for the past twenty minutes and you've been completely lost in thought." Harry pointed out and sure enough, my fingers were clutching onto my iPhone tightly as I stared at the screen. I looked up at him and he had that little smirk, the smirk he only had when he knows he was right. The most annoying thing on the planet is Harry Styles when he knows he was right.

"I dunno, she's supposed to be here soon." I shrugged, trying my best to seem nonchalant about it. I was a boy, I wasn't supposed to try this hard to get a girlfriend - especially being in this band. I could go out on the street and get any girl out there to date me, but for some strange reason, my heart was set on this girl who was adamant against it.

"You haven't told any of us about her. Is it the girl from the club? You can talk to me, you know." Harry crashed onto the couch next to me.

Harry was brilliant and he was like a brother, I could trust him with anything, I just never did. I always liked being my own person with no one knowing my thoughts. I was required to talk with my job, but I never went off on tangents about my life to other people. Even the other boys would be surprised by some of the things I've kept from them. 

"I just want to give up on her, because it's a lot of work and I don't even know if it'll be worth it." I ran a hand through my hair. "But I just can't let her go."

"Have you asked her?" 

"No. She's so afraid of falling in love. I want to know so much more about her, but we haven't even asked each other any serious questions yet. She knows nothing about my life, my family, my past." I shrugged again. 

"Listen mate, I know you probably don't want advice, but just ask her. Then you'll know if it's worth pursuing. If she says yes, then yeah! You can test the waters together. If she says no, you can just give up and walk away knowing that you tried. If she says no and you just can't let her go, then you go after her like a real man." Harry had a very serious expression on his face as he talked to me and it was a rare sight. Usually he joked about everything, wouldn't take anything seriously and would annoy everyone. But when it came to girls, the guy was raised right. No matter how much he regretted dating certain people, if he ever saw them, he'd give them a hug and tell them that they looked as lovely as ever. The other four of us never questioned why he was the heartthrob, it all made perfect sense. If I was a teenage girl, I'd probably fall in love with his prince charming act as well.