Chapter Eleven

Joelle

"Yes."

I replied before I really had time to think. Not that I wanted to take it back, necessarily, it was just so sudden and I wish I had paused for at least a second to rethink my answer. It seemed as though I was trying to tell myself something, as if there was a part of me that was so ready to just start taking chances. There was an inner war inside of me and so far, the score was one-to-zero.

Though, I do wish I had caught a picture of Zayn's face when I said yes, since it was completely blank for at least a full minute. His brown eyes were wide, nothing truly processing in his mind. As the seconds ticked away, his jaw slowly started to drop. I swear it was like a movie in slow motion. Well, I can say that my spontaneity surprised him. 

"Wait, what?" He finally said, eyebrows scrunching up at me. 

"Yeah, why not?" I couldn't help but smirk. 

"Zayn! We're starting in five!" The choreographer yelled from the corner of the room. At least I assumed it was the choreographer, since he was dressed in comfy sweats and had a very muscular build. As I glanced around the large warehouse, I noticed that everyone was spread out and doing their own thing.

"So you're my girlfriend now?" Zayn slowly let himself smile.

Can anyone say awkward? Wasn't something supposed to happen at this point? A Hallelujah Chorus comes streaming in through the doors, a flashmob breaks out, fireworks go off, or a tattoo appears on my wrist that says 'Zayn Malik's girlfriend'? 

No?

Nothing? 

Okay.

"Yup," I shrugged. Seriously, what was supposed to happen now? If he tried to kiss me, I can't promise he'd walk away unharmed. Instead, he just stood there grinning like an idiot while I weighed my options. There was no harm in letting this go on for a little while, because I truly did like Zayn. But wouldn't one of us end up getting hurt?

"Zayn! Get your butt over here!" Louis yelled, interrupting us and he smirked as if he knew what he was doing. 

My newly exclaimed boyfriend turned to me, letting a groan slip past his lips. Not once did he break eye contact with me, which was very difficult considering his eyes were memorizing and very hard to look away from. Eventually he frowned, and then took my hand. Dragging me over to the rest of the boys, he said nothing. After he had managed to introduce me to every single person he possibly could, he directed me to a comfy looking chair. "You can sit here, but if you ever need anything, let me know immediately, alright?"

"Okay," I said quietly, suddenly aware of all eyes on me. I wasn't necessarily 'shy', but attention wasn't something I was not used to. The uncomfortable feeling I had brought me back into the fact that my now boyfriend had millions of fans and was one of the most easily recognized people in the world.

It seemed like this whole thing was a mistake - a huge fat mistake - but I just didn't want to think of it that way. My mind was chastising me beyond belief, my conscience warned me of all the problems we would stumble upon, my heart knew that it would eventually get broken. Yet I looked past all of that, only thinking about how nice it was to be able to experience this thing called 'dating' in a serious way.