Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One:

Joelle

The day started out normally. I rolled out of bed at 7am, went to the restroom, showered, ate breakfast, and then brushed my teeth (which is a twice a day activity, thank you very much). This boring morning routined was finished by 8am, which was when I left my apartment, locked the door, and went down the stairs out into the fresh air of London. Which was actually quite cloudy and cold, causing me to pull the army green jacket closer to my body and stick my hands into the pockets. Wednesdays really weren't the most enjoyable day out of the week, but Blake and I were going to go shopping in the city tomorrow so it made today a little more anticipated. I got to work by 9am, and was on the air by 10am. 

"This is Joelle Parker from Mess 95.6. How are you all doing this fine morning? I have a request here from Camila, asking for us to play Lego House by Ed Sheeran! He is easily one of the most talented guys out there, so here you go Camila, this is Ed Sheeran with his beautiful song Lego House."

I swiveled around in my chair, eying the bottle of water that was resting by the desk. My mouth made a smacking noise and I realized that water was extremely important at this moment of time. Before I could even get off my chair, I was interrupted by the sudden swinging of the door to the studio. It surprised me to say the least, since we have a closed door policy during radio hours. We had a window next to said door, so there was no reason for added noises like the slamming of wood on wood. 

It was even more surprising to see that I knew the guy who had just entered the studio with a bouquet of flowers.

"What are you doing here?" I said quietly, eyes wide in shock. Zayn's smile grew as he advanced, extending the roses towards me. I didn't take them from him.

"I'm on break, thought I'd stop by?" His step faltered a second, his expression suddenly unreadable.

"Oh, that's nice." I nodded slowly, aware of the fact that four of my co-workers were staring at me with little smirks. My heart was beating like crazy against my t-shirt, and my breathing was a bit off. I took one deep breath in, before glancing back towards the microphone. 

"I'm out of sight,

I'm out of mind. 

I'll do it all for you in time. 

And out of all these things I've done,

I think I love you better now.

I'm out of touch,

I'm out of love. 

I'll pick you up when you're getting down. 

And out of all these things I've done, 

I will I love you better now."

"Sorry, Zayn, I have to get back to work." I backed up without looking behind me, almost falling over myself as I stepped on a cord. I shook my head quickly, taking a seat and pushing the 'on' button. "That was Lego House by Ed Sheeran. And um, next, uh, well, next we have, well." I stuttered horribly, trying to focus my attention back onto the music. "This is She, by um, Parachute."