Bonus Features/Behind the Scenes

This has been quite an incredible journey, truly. This is the first fan fiction I have every started and finished (besides that self insert FNAF OC one that will never see the light of day ever again). BATIM truly is an incredible concept and game, and as someone who was there since chapter 1, I'm so proud of TheMeatly and everyone else who created such a monumental masterpiece.

I also want to thank all of you. I've never created something at this scale, and I've never received this kind of support and feedback, at it truly was an incredible experience. Thank you so much, whether you've been here since the beginning or not, thank you for supporting and loving this story that I've put my all into.

As promised in a previous chapter, I have some bonus features, from behind-the-scenes notes, to a Q&A.

(Note: I know there were some open plot points, which I purposely left open for a sequel if I'm feeling up to it. Again, I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging...)

• • •

Q&A:

0glitchy0 - I'm confused so who's betraying who? Or who is wrong?

Max - At first you are lead to believe that Alice is the evil one, and Bendy is the diamond in the rough. That is simply not true, however. Alice may have been tainted and virtually controlled by the ink, but her reasons were justified. Growing up, Bendy was the favorite. The spoiled, entitled, brat, who always had his way. To make matters worse, Bendy was a perfect toon, so physically, Bendy was above all of them (the other toons). The Bendy we see now has grown out of that entitlement, but to Alice, the ink has warped her perception, and she still see's the demon as the child she harbored so much hatred for. I designed all the characters in this story to have a silver lining. Nobody is a perfect good guy, and nobody is the pure evil bad guy. If you read through, you'll find how each person speaking about the other is biased. You only get the truth if you read between the lines and inference for yourself. So, to answer your question: Each toon thinks they're in the right, therefore nobody is wrong. It all depends on what side you take.

serenamita - Why did Oswald betray Bendy?

Max - The ink has a certain "grasp" on certain toons. Toons that have a lot of negative feelings are easily influenced, and toons that suppress and pent up their negative emotions are the most fragile of all. For those toons, the ink seeps into their minds, and can reach a point where the ink can control a toon. We see full control with Mecha-Boris, when he jumped in front of Alice when Oswald hurled that pipe at her. Alice's relationship with the ink is a little different. She bargained with it, providing it with fuel/power through the souls of the toons of Wasteland. In return, the ink protected her, for she was the only way it could grow in strength. Oswald on the other hand, was enveloped in internal conflict. On one hand, he was angry and confused with Bendy. He felt betrayed. Nothing made sense to him, and he was willing to believe anything for an answer. On the other hand, Oswald's loyalty and love for his friend fought with his feelings of hatred he so desperately wished to feel (which can be blamed on the death of his wife).

• • •

While writing this fic, I kept a set of rough notes in my phone that became the backbone of the story, enjoy!

Ink Distortion:
Sequel Name Ideas:
- Ink Elucidation
- Ink Deception
- Ink Clarification
- Ink Elucidation
- Ink Illumination
- Ink Impression
- Ink Distortion: The Other Side
- Ink Revival (?)
- Ink Restoration
- Ink Distortion: Revival
- Ink Distortion: Revolution
- Illustrative Insurrection
- Ink Distortion: Illustrative Insurrection
- Ink Distortion: Insurrection

Chapter Title Ideas:
Watching the World Burn
Precarious Predicaments
Relinquish Your Credence
With A Grain Of Salt
Survival of the Unfittest
Rise Of The Diabolical
Beauty is Power
Power is Beauty
The End.
But He's Never Seen The End
The Tooniverse is Falling
Sell Your Soul
The Angel's Wishes
The Lesser Of Two Evils
Kill The Demon (Part 1)
Kill The Demon (Part 2)

Finale Chapter Title Ideas:
Roses are Red
So's The Blood On My Hands
The Curtain Has Closed
Now It's Time To Disband

(Ew no)

Story Locations(and other things):
Dark Beauty Castle
H.S.D.W.
Wasteland City Hospital
W.J. Westchester Hospital
Evertree  Forest
Fricken Dale
The Studio
The Construct-Etch

Plot Ideas:
Oswald uses the Ink Machine to bring back his wife.
Mickey and Boris run into Sammy, who almost succeeds into turning Mickey into a searcher.
After Boris is filled with new organs to extend his life (via against his will) he becomes Tom.
Tom hears the voices of the souls.
PREQUEL V SEQUEL
Butcher Gang is bad! Quote from Bendy, "There's a reason I left them there!"
Charley says to Mickey, "well, I wasn't lying about ———-." Before pushing Mickey (who is hanging for dear life) off an edge with his foot, into the inky abyss.
Butcher Gang betrayal
Charley loved Alice, and would do anything for her, even after she turned into a monster.
After Ozzy turns on the Ink Machine, the Bendy monster appears.
Bendy fights himself.
Joey Drew brings back all the toons memories.
Disney toons @ Studio was a distraction.
Worlds in the toon dimension: Disneyland, Wasteland, Kingdom Hearts, etc...
"It's the survival of the Unfittest in this studio." Charley-er-Piper growled with a smile, before shoving Mickey into the inky abyss.
Mickey is found by Henry, Tom, and Allison.
Charley takes Boris to Alice, and the pulls through with the events of chapter 4.
Gus and Jiminy escape the Butcher Gang and find Bendyland.
Bendy at the end, doesn't bring back the toon's memories, and instead starts over, and goes through the Construct-Etch
Henry finds Walt Disney's stolen journal in Joey Drew's Office.
Doesn't tell the others until later.
Oswald and Bendy get into a fight about Sammy's demise.
Oswald apologizes near the end when they're about to fight the Bendy monster, Which results in this quote: "Aw, jeez, Rabbit! Did ya have to wait for the most dramatic time to apologize?
After the Ink Demon is defeated, searchers are released into the wild, and into all the dimensions (including Inkwell Isle)
Dale is turned into an ink monster by the machine.
At the end, the Dale Ink Monster is run through the Construct-Etch, reviving him.
He may or may not remember what happened.
OOF Ozzy is inking
Turns into ink monster??
He starts inking because he want's revenge
Bends has an inking problem because he was made out of revenge by Joey
END OF BOOK Ortensia is awake and the last line of the chapter is Bendy asking, "Now, about that cookie recipe..."
When Bends goes through the Construct-Etch: souls are ripped from his body, it's excruciating. He comes out feeling...cleaner?
Readers are rooting for the lesser of two evils, Bendy. Alice has her reasons for choosing the side she's on.
Bendy realizes he has to kill the demon to kill the machine. Here's the catch, he's the demon.
Bendy doesn't die, he just tells Oswald "I'll come out on the other side."
"I wonder..." Mickey says as he pulls out the wrinkled/crumpled whatever posters of Alice and Boris he smuggled out.
Then he throws them into the construct-etch and maybe they're fine ?????
Actually nah—well, maybe, we'll see.
Bendy: "I have to kill the demon."
Oswald/Mickey/?: "I though the machine was the demon..?"
Bendy: "No...I'm the demon."
???: (*゚ロ゚)
Bendy: Leaps into the fire in a super dramatic moment like marvel dramatic you know what I'm sayin?

Nah Imma crush him lmao

Epilogue Chapter Ideas:
-After The Break
-No One Dies A Hero
-There Are No Heroes
-The Villain Lived From Within
-Every Sinner is a Saint
-Heaven Calls to Only Heroes
-There Are No Villains
-Cowardice Creates the Bravest of All
-Heaven is No Place for a Demon
-The Lesser of Two Evils: is no sinner or saint.
-What Boiled Deep Within The Demon

• • •

Alrighty! There's your behind the scenes look at everything that went down with Ink Distortion.

As for all the sequel talk, I truly did fall out fo the fandom for a bit, and the ending of this story (to me) was rushed, and I left a lot of loose ends open that I didn't intend to. Recently though, I've decided to get going with this sequel, and I'm super excited! Keep your eyes peeled for a sneak peak and title reveal next!

With much anticipation, Max Mastyn