23- She's Quite A Gal

"She's quite a gal..?" Mickey mumbled to himself, reading the sign, when a loud sound made both Mickey and Boris jump. The lights in the room dimmed, and the televisions that were in every corner, switched on.

"B-Boris! What's going on?!" Mickey looked for the door behind them, which had shut. The mouse didn't hesitate to try to open it, when he realized, he couldn't.

"It's stuck!" Mickey groaned, as he pulled as hard as his arms would allow.

And then music started playing. Any attempts Boris and Mickey made getting out of the room decorated with Alice Angel came to a halt. Mickey perked his ears, trying to make sense of the soft song, that echoed through the room.

And then the lights went dark, all except for one, on the other side of a recording booth. Mickey didn't want to wait to see what would happen next.

"Boris! We need to go! Help me!!" Mickey began using all of his strength to pull the door open.

"Boris! What are you doing?"

Boris stayed put. The only thing Mickey could see clearly was the look of utter horror on the wolf's face, his eyes trained on the recording booth.

"Boris, please." Mickey pleaded.

"Boris-"

"I'M ALICE ANGEL!" A voice shrieked.

"GAHH!" Mickey, startled, fell back, and then all the lights went out. He was paralyzed, He couldn't move. He couldn't see, and worst of all, he could hear. Hear Alice's sweet, sickly voice, that had begun echoing in his head.

"I see you there..." Alice began. Mickey felt cold sweat drip down his back.

"A new fly, in my endless web."

"Come along, now. Let's see if you're worthy to walk with angels."

Then there was silence, and Mickey was waiting for Alice to suddenly drag hi, by his feet into the inky abyss, but then the lights came back on.

Mickey was suddenly aware of how fast his heart was beating, and experienced a headrush when he finally had the strength to sit up.

"Ugh..What was that?" A little voice came from below the mouse.

"Oh my- Jiminy! You're awake!!" Mickey scooped up the cricket, who had begun moving.

"It appears so...Was that-?" Jimmy began.

"Alice? Yeah, I-I think it was." Mickey finished.

"But I thought she..."

"We saw her... on Mean street. How is she alive?"

"Oh dear Disney-is Gus alright?" Jiminy looked around for any sign of Gus.

And he wasn't there. Neither was Boris.

"What the-" Mickey spun around violently, looking for the wolf carrying Gus, but both toons were nowhere to be seen.

"Mickey, where's Gus?" Jiminy asked again.

"I-I-I don't know?"

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"I mean I don't know!" Mickey raised his voice without realizing, and quickly made an apology.

"I'm sorry, I just-" Mickey sighed, "-I met Boris."

"You did?! But Oswald had told me that you guys saw him-"

"I thought so too, but he found us. He carried Gus, and we were on our way outta here, and then, now he's gone. With Gus."

"You don't think, Boris left you, do you?" Jiminy said, before trying to peel his inky wings off his back.