30- Tell The Whole World

Happy 30th Chapter of Ink Distortion, everybody! (Sorry it took so long!) Man, I remember when hitting chapter 11 was a milestone. Funny how that works! To be honest, I never imagined this story to gain as much love and attention as it has, and for that, I thank you, fellow reader. Thank you for your participation, your encouragement, and your belief in me! This is literally a dream!

After all, Dreams Come True.
_______________________________________
_____________

Gus, Jiminy, and Boris hardly made an escape from the Butcher Gang, after Gus ended up sucker-punching Fisher into the Inky lake Mickey has met his presumed demise in.

After a steady walk through the studio, the three toons found themselves in an elevator that smelled of rusty iron, and squeaked at even the slightest of movements.

They even survived an elevator malfunction, and careened down the long shaft, plunging them into darkness.

"Ack—" Gus rubbed his head, which was being violently shook. Opening his eyes, he saw Boris with a look of relief at Gus's awakening.

Jiminy buzzed around Gus, checking for any injuries.

"By golly, Gus, are you alright?!" The cricket chirped.

"Yeah, uh..." A shadow approached the toons in the gremlins slightly blurry vision, "...oh NO! Boris, behind you!"

Gus scrambled to get up, but he was too slow. The Angel's shadow clutched Boris by the torso, and for a split second Gus saw the wolf fly down the hall, arms extended in hopes of grabbing onto something to stop himself, but Alice has him in her clutches.

Then he was gone.

Gus and Jiminy couldn't believe what had happened. It was all so fast, yet the two toons couldn't help but blame themselves for being too slow.

"I-I, What?!" Jiminy exclaimed in pure shock.

"First Mickey, now Boris?!" The crickets voice cracked at the mere mention of their late Mouse friend.

"I can't believe this! We...We gotta save him!" Gus bolted off in the same direction Boris was dragged in. Jiminy flew close behind.

They mindlessly ran through halls, hoping to catch sign of a trail. Both toons appreciated the temporary distraction from dwelling on Mickey's death, and even worse, telling the whole world.

News of the icon's death would be the heart of sorrow within the Tooniverse. Monuments would be created, biographies would be written, anything to honor the mouse's name.

Children would cry over the murder of their hero. People would want revenge, justice, anything to fill the void in their hearts. Loved ones, family members, and friends will be devastated.

Of course, news of Joey Drew Studios, and the monsters within will spark uproar. International confusion. It will be a murder mystery for centuries to come.

No, Gus and Jiminy did not look forward to telling the whole world, but right now they had bigger problems. The toons began to lose their hope and motivation, as they traveled deeper into the never-ending studio.

They were never going to find Boris at this rate. Jiminy and Gus both felt tired, and sore. Jiminy has resided to a spot on Gus's head, resting, while the gremlin continued on.