20- Moving Pictures

Bendy continued to stare in horror at the lifeless body on the ground. Alice was... Was that even Alice, or did Alice Angel die when Joey used Susies body to create her? Bendy could only hope Alice's death wasn't in vain.

A soft tap on his shoulder broke him from his daze.

"Bendy, c'mon, we gotta go."

Surprisingly, it was Dale.

"Go where?"

Bendy didn't know how to feel. He didn't feel numb, yet he wasn't devastated. He didn't even know if he was upset. Yet, he didn't feel empty.

Maybe it was closure, he felt.

Closure on the death of his friend, not today, but a long time ago. Alice Angel and Boris died a long time ago, before they were monsters. Yes, the death of this monster meant the freedom of Alice's, soul, or, whatever.

Bendy chuckled at his attempt at being philosophical.

"Bendy... Bendy!"

How many times had Dale said his name while he was lost in thought?

"Uh— yeah..." Bendy's voice trailed off.

Oswald wasn't there. Neither was Mickey, Jiminy, or some of the detectives.

The street was even emptier than before, but Bendy didn't find that concerning.

Dale's voice broke the silence.

"We're following Oswald, the others went to your studio."

"Why— who? Oswald? He's not with them?"

"He needed to check on his wife, and kids."

"He didn't go with the others?"

"No- Bendy, I just said-!" Dale sighed, releasing all of his exasperation at the little demon.

"C'mon Bendy." Dale directed Bendy down the street, away from Alice. Bendy followed Dale away from the gruesome scene.

• • •

The studio smelled exactly the same, Mickey noted. The same, rotten wood? Or, according to recent events, maybe it was rotting flesh.

Mickey knew it wasn't a good idea to come back here. With that Alice girl, and whatever state Bendy was in, maybe they should've stayed back. Mickey followed Bendy's orders, but that was it. His original plan was to find some sort of antidote for the toons lying around, inkless and frail, and he was beginning to regret not asking Bendy for some direction.

Mickey, Gus, And Jiminy stuck together. They'd rather be with friends they trusted, even Jiminy, who wasn't with the group for very long.

The three toons approached a door, labeled 'Ink Machine'.

Ink Machine? Maybe this'll help us..?

There was one problem, however. The doorway was boarded by disheveled planks of old wood. It couldn't have been done by one of their friends, right?

Without thinking, Mickey couldn't help but approach the blocked doorway. Before the mouse could react, some ink creature, similar to Alice, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, jerking him off the ground. It looked like Bendy. Mickey squealed in surprise.

The monster let out a low growl, baring its teeth, studying the cartoon mouse. Before it could do anything, however, Mickey was tugged back into safety.

The monster went ballistic, groping at the toons, and roaring. It scratched at the wood, and then began banging on it, over, and over again, until it started becoming loose.

The three Wastelanders stood in horror as they realized what was happening.

"Go! Go! Run!" Gus guided Mickey and Jiminy around, and they began sprinting down the hall.

The pipes lining the corners and ceilings began creaking, and groaning, before one started spurting out ink, directly hitting Jiminy, causing him to go spiraling backwards. Mickey caught the ink-drenched cricket in his hands.

Another pipe burst, and then another. Soon, the three Wastelanders were sloshing through the rising ink on the ground, in a desperate attempt to escape.

"The exit is right there!" Mickey spoke everyone's thoughts, as they approached the door.

"The monster's behind us- aaAAAAAHHHGH!" Gus shrieked, along with Mickey and Jiminy, as the floor below them gave way.

• • •

Mickey groaned in pain, as he peeled his face off the floor.

"Ugh, ow..." Mickey's hand immediately flew to the side of his forehead, that was releasing some ungodly pain.

The mouse's vision was blocked by stars, and he couldn't hear anything except for the ringing in his ears. Mickey massaged the injured part of his head, sure he had a concussion, and slowly, the stars and ringing subsided.

He instantly noticed the limp bodies of Gus and Jiminy.

"Oh, gosh, guys..." Mickey put his hand down, trying to crawl to his friends, when he was greeted with a sharp pain.

Mickey's wrist was bruised, and swollen. He might've broken it, trying to protect himself from the fall.

He shuffled over to the other toons, and examined them. Jiminy's whole body was covered in dry ink, and his wings looked bent, maybe even torn. Gus had fallen in a mangled position, one that might've left him with more than a few broken bones.

"C'mon, fellas. Wake up!" Mickey began gently shaking both toons, in hopes of rousing them from their injury-induced slumber, but alas, despite Mickey's attempts, Jiminy and Gus remained in their comatose state.

Defeated, Mickey slumped back against a wall, nursing his wrist.

"Oh, this is hopeless." Mickey's head fell into his good hand, which muffled his groan of exasperation.

The silence around the mouse became void-like. Mickey felt absolutely useless. He sat helplessly, watching the ominous cat clock tick away.

Minutes went by, and the silence continued.The Mouse listened for any signs of the other Wastelanders from up above, but... nothing.

And then something interrupted Mickey's thoughts.

The clinking sound of a can, rolling across the old wooden planks. Mickey stared at the dingy metal can incredulously, but made no move to get up and investigate.

Mickey felt frozen in place as the sound of heavy footsteps became louder. The mouse craned his neck, trying to see past the corner that was blocking his view.

Finally, a lean, looming figure appeared. Mickey stared in awe.

"Who- Who are you?"