13- Passcode

Before this story begins, I would like to thank you all for clicking on the story, and reading it in the first place, and a special thanks to those who found it interesting, and continued to read. Now, I know the first two chapters are a little rough, they're nothing i'm proud of, but I am proud of the recent work I've been spitting out! If you like it, leave me a comment, a prediction, or a suggestion! It really boosts my motivation and self-esteem! Thanks, now enjoy, 'Passcode'. ____________________________________________

Controls.

Mickey skimmed through the menu, before letting his finger land on the controls button.
The screen switched with a flash, and on it, was a name, "Amelia Stripe," and another, "Arthur Orange," and another, and another.

Mickey noticed a scroll button, so thin you could hardly see it at the top, but Mickey somehow managed to get his finger underneath, and scrolled down slowly, and then faster, and faster, trying to reach the bottom.

The names on screen were unreadable by this point. Bendy was getting a sick feeling in his stomach. This wasn't right.

Mickey began slowing down at the M's, and Bendy realized what he was looking for.

Mickey Mortimer Mouse-Disney's name had a shining, golden crown design next to his name, standing out from the rest.

He really was important here, Bendy thought, not that he ever doubted it, but this seemed to be cold, hard proof.

Mickey hesitated, before pressing his name. There seemed to be a bio, and a picture, along with a picture, a current picture.

Mickey M. Mouse-Disney

Age: ---

Height:---

Born in:---

The information seemed to go on, and on. Mickey finally scrolled down to the bottom, and read something, in tiny, italicized, almost transparent font.

Last edited: 12/23/1932.

This sentence concerned Mickey, along with the other toons. Mickey then quickly hit the back button, on the top left-hand corner, and clicked another name, and scrolled to the bottom.

Last edited: 12/23/1932.

He picked another name.

Last edited: 12/23/1932.

It was madness, as Mickey kept choosing more and more names.

Last edited, what does that mean?!

Mickey kept going, and going, no one daring the interrupt, when suddenly, he stopped, and he pressed his gloved finger, firmly, on the words, Last edited.

Another control panel appeared, and the following words pieced everything together.

Memory: Edited 12/23/1932 by Administrator Walt Disney.

Mickey finally took a breath, and stepped back, away from the table and the screen.

"Well, there we have it!" Mickey looked like he was going to add something else, but then closed his mouth into a sort of frightened look. He shook his head, and massaged the bridge of his nose, as he continued to walk away.

All the toons attempted to process the newly-found information. One of the detectives, then stepped forward, and pressed the word, Memory, as it was still on screen.

Another menu popped up. Jeez... Bendy thought, How much more is there? In this menu, demonstrated exactly what changes were made in the sub-heading: Memory. Or it would, with an administrator code. The detective looked at the Disney brothers expectantly, but they ceased to take action.

"Come on, guys!" Gus broke the silence. "We've gotta know!"

Oswald answered, making sure his lack of enthusiasm was evident, "I literally have no idea where to start!"

Mickey then chimed in, "Yeah! It could be anything!"

"Well you guys have to at least know where to start!? Right?" Gus retaliated.

"I-I...Well..." Oswald couldn't argue back. Gus had made a valid point.

Mickey and Oswald took synchronized deep breaths, and approached the screen, and talked in hushed voices.

They did this for a while, and Bendy might've thought they were bickering over the possible passwords, and then Oswald clicked the 'Enter Passcode' bar, and a keyboard rose quickly on the screen, and then the rabbit began typing in a possible password.

Bendy, Gus, and the detectives couldn't decipher the letters and symbols the brothers were typing, as the password physically appeared to just be dots in the passcode bar.

The screen flashed red when they got it wrong, so they tried again, over and over again, and then Mickey finally exclaimed;

"I give up!" The mouse flung his arms in the air with surrender, and stepped away, followed by Oswald.

"What? You're done already?" One of the detectives didn't believe it. It was so unlike Mickey's character to just give up, though Mickey did look exasperated, and stressed, more so than his brother. Maybe he wasn't in the state of mind to think right now.

Gus seemed to notice this along with Bendy, and said, "Okay, lets just, get out of here! We can go out and have a little fun," Gus then looked around at the detectives, "All of you, you guys deserve to take a break. We can worry about this tomorrow."

"Gus, sir, you know we can't do that on the job-" The female Wastelander tried to argue, but was interrupted by Mickey.

"No, he's right. We should all take a break, I'll see about finding us a hotel..."

All the toons nodded in agreement at the plans, and they silently made their way out of the room. Bendy didn't realize how dark the room had gotten, until they stepped into the warm hallways of Disneyland's Castle. It was dark outside, and the almost-silence made Bendy remember something.

He was at a party, in a place just as extravagant as this. The smell of juice, and pastries filled the air, along with soft music, and the murmurs of the the party's guests.

Bendy could vaguely remember wearing something nice, a suit and tie, maybe. The party atmosphere was boring, not exciting enough, for Bendy's taste, and he slinked away, from the main area.

Wandering the halls, and peering at his reflection in the marble floors, Bendy almost failed to notice the men standing around at the end of the hall.

Bendy knew he wasn't doing anything wrong, but his sneaky nature forced him to, what he called, 'hang out, out of view,' behind one of the white pillars, that lined the hallway.

Bendy casually leaned on it, and tilted his head slightly, giving him a perfect view of the source of the chatter.

There were around 3-no, maybe 4 people there. All dressed in the pleasant formal attire, alike every else Bendy had seen tonight. Bendy immediately recognized his creator, Joey, and his friend, Walt, along with other big-shot animators Bendy didn't really care about.

They talked, and there was an occasional hearty laugh, that came from deep in their throats. They discussed business, and coworkers, future projects, and personal life.

This was the beginning, and Joey Drew would be from this day forward. Since then, a sour taste filled Joey's mouth, and his tolerance grew paper thin. And the gossip, unhappy whispers, and the faint sobs around the studio would spread faster than the ink coming from the machine Joey had begun to build.