32- Intimate Treason

"Ow—Walt Dammit—!" Oswald groaned in pain, and rolled over onto his back, clutching his side. The rabbit stared up into the black hole in the ceiling, which echoed with the sounds of clicking pipes, until he finally pulled himself to his knees. He might've broken a rib.

"That didn't go as planned..." He mumbled, wincing as he rose to his feet.

It was almost silent, a welcome but uncanny change of pace. Oswald thought his heavy breathing was too loud, and fought to steady it.

He'd fallen into a room that opened up to two hallways. One was hastily boarded up with planks of wood, while the other was—though not boarded up—dark, and an unknown sound drifted from it. Luckily, there was a small axe, waiting for him. Ozzy wasn't taking any chances, and hacked through the planks of wood blocking the better-lit hallway.

The air smelled fresh and cool, which was nice, though Oswald came to the conclusion that breathing in the stench of ink permanently ruined his nose—(and probably his entire respiratory system).

It felt like just minutes ago he was wishing something were to happen in these dusty old halls, and now he was grateful to be met with peace, and his thoughts trailed to Bendy.

He just...disappeared...and left Dale and Oswald to die. Words could not fathom the feeling of rage and betrayal the lucky rabbit felt. Oswald put all his trust in Bendy, despite all the evidence the demon was hiding something more sinister under his belt. Oswald purposely turned a blind eye, and look where it got him. Lost in an abandoned studio, responsible for the death of his wife, and countless others.

Anger rose to a boil in his blood. He wasn't going to let Bendy get away with the suffering he's caused...

• • •

Gus and Jiminy looked at each other, before letting their gazes fall to the floor.

"...You guys," Bendy's voice lowered to a soft murmur, "...You guys ain't tellin' me that...that Mick didn't make it, right?"

Jiminy fidgeted nervously, and sniffled, while Gus hunched his body over, in an attempt to hide the tears that had begun to stream down his face. The gremlin quickly sniffled and wiped them away, before replying gently:

"He fell into the...i-ink..."

Bendy gasped lightly at the news.

"I-I don't...how?"

"We were tricked by the—the waltdamn butcher Gang. Charley," Gus sneered at the mention of him, "Charley led us on!!We trusted him! And we were so desperate for help and—!" Gus's voice cracked at the end of his outburst, breathing deeply in an attempt to mollify his reaction.

"Ya—Ya went with The Butcher Gang?!" Bendy exclaimed in horror.

"We know—We know—"

"I can't believe you two nim-rods of a knucklehead fell for that bastards bullshit! I shoulda'...I shoulda' warned ya...Aw waltdammit—" Bendy buried his head in his hands, which gave him a brief sensation of sleeping, something he hadn't realized he wanted so much.

Jiminy chirped a sad, soft tune to fill the void of silence that had been bestowed onto the three sore and stressed souls.

And then the melody stopped.

Bendy lifted his head, and peered at the cricket, who's eyes were fixated on the other end of the hall. The demon followed his gaze, and saw nothing. Gus too had noticed the absence of sound, and now exchanged confused looks with Bendy.

"Jiminy, what are ya—?"

"Shhh—!"

Jiminy shushed Bendy, standing up, and hopping a few feet down the hall, no where near the doorway that he was seemingly so fascinated by.

Then Gus and Bendy both heard it too. Voices.

• • •

The rabbit ignored his bouts of cloudy vision, and continued on down countless hallways, the only thing fueling him being his rising anger, and the desire for revenge.

Oswald's never sought after revenge in his life. Swore to solve problems with reason, and account for all feelings involved. He's never realized how much of a wonderful feeling hatred was. He's never felt so powerful in his entire life, and Oswald loved it.

Then the rabbit felt something drag down his temple, to his cheek, and instinctively swiped at it, only to feel it smear. Oswald looked at his un-gloved hand, to see fresh ink.

He rubbed the whole left side of his face, and ink began to drip from it.

"What the—" The rabbit grew frantic, trying to wipe off the ink which replenished itself instantly.

"There's no need to do that, sweet-pea." Alice's honeyed voice echoed in the hallway, and Oswald whipped his head around to face her.

"It's completely natural...It won't harm you..." She continued, gliding her way across the floor, approaching Oswald.

"Wha—What do you want?" Oswald demanded, puffing his chest.

"No need to be so audacious, it's only me," Alice then motioned for someone to join, and in entered a huge dog, whose ribs were ripped open, and his head was held in place by a metal headpiece that suspiciously looked like a halo, "And Boris."

Boris stomped in, and the only thing stopping the monster from crushing Oswald's skull was a silent order of refrain from the Angel.

"I see you're making some harsh decisions," Alice nodded up to Oswald's inking forehead.

"Perhaps you'll let us assist..."

((Yo yo yo what's poppin' I'm at a sleep away camp and i'm e x h a u s t e d but I promised myself to put out another chapter of InkDis so here you go. I usually add some final touches (like italicization words for a BOOM effect) but I don't have access to a computer (cuz I can't figure out how to do it on mobile) so I forced myself to put out a chapter. Super sorry for the wait, I've been experiencing some heavy writers block, but I think I'm getting over it. Okay bye I'll edit for any errors later.   -Max))