Chapter 14✨: Growing Pains

• ALEX •

"So..... I hear there's a party tonight." I say as we all walked into the school building.

"Are you serious right now?!" Tessa rolls her eyes.

"What?" I ask.

Cole bursts out laughing.

"What?!!" I asked, yet again.

"It's funny." Cole laughs.

"How is it funny that someone is throwing a party." I say. "Are you guys okay?"

"We're fine, but you aren't." Tessa says. "Your sister declares war on you, almost kills you, then all of a sudden, she just stops messing with you, and what do you do?"

"You go out and party." Cole finished.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"For all you know, they could be planning an attack."

"First of all!" I started. "Eli has gone off the rails, he attacks me every other day."

"So what's the difference, if I don't go out." I say. "Either way it goes, he'll still attack me."

"It still doesn't hurt anything, to be careful." He says angrily.

"Ugh!" I sighed. "I'm sorry, Okay. I'll be more careful."

"oh no it's fine, do what you want." He says clearly annoyed. "You don't care! Why should I?"

"Look." I grabbed his arm causing all of us to stop in the middle of the hall. "I'm sorry..... really, I am."

"I'm having a hard time dealing with this too." I looked into his eyes. "My siblings tried to kill me, and failed, but I'm not going to sit around bored, waiting for them to attack me."

"And ya, I know this is hard on you too..... especially considering, that Eli, Tu Amore, has gone psycho." I say. "He's just..... angry at me, he'll cool down... eventually."

"Ughh!!!" He groaned. "Fine, I just care about you, ya know."

"You've become one of my best friends, in only a month." He says catching me by surprise. "And the fact that Tessa and I almost lost you, and the fact that Eli, was partly at fault is scary."

"How do you cope with your crush killing your bestfriend?" He asks.

"You actually care... about me?"

"Duh! dumb ass!" Tessa chimes in. "We've all grown close in the last few weeks. We love you."

"And we'd be stupid if we didn't." Cole says. "You're a nice guy."

"🥹I'll cry right now!" I joked to stop actual tears from coming.

I've never had anyone, besides my mom and dad, care about me. It's so new to me.

"Ugh, come here dumb ass." Tessa sighed.

I laughed, as Tessa pulled me into a hug. Cole quickly wrapped his hands around both of squeezing us tightly.

"What did I miss!?" Jason's deep voices says out of no where.

All three of us jumped apart startled at his outburst.

"Shït Jason, you almost gave me a heart attack." I said clutching my chest.

"Sorry to break this up, but we have to go to combat class."

"Okay..... can you just say gym, that sounds weird!"

One month at this school, and I'm still not used to the witch terminology.

The tardy bell rung, signaling everyone to get to class.