Chapter 62: Can I Have This Dance?

~~~~~~~~
Alex's POV
~~~~~~~~
February, 14, 2020 💕

I stood outside the red, sheer curtains.... debating whether I should go In or not.....

"Okay chop, chop!" Eli says, as he ushered me through the doors of the ballroom..... "We have to have a good time, before Jackson decides to crash the party."

"Weird...." Eli says... he stopped walking, then started to stare off into space.....

"What...?" I asked.

"We're literally sitting ducks.... waiting for Jackson to attack us..." he says.... "Ain't that some shit?"

......

After a moment, he shrugged his shoulders and continued to push me....

"Eli can you just relax...." Darius came and pried Eli's hands off of me... 

I smiled up at him.... silently thanking him.....

"He's probably just nervous...." he smiled back. "Just... Give us a minute.."

"Okay...." Eli says..... Eli smirked at me before he disappeared through the curtains.... "If you need me, I'll be dancing..... by the snack bar."

............

.....

"Thank you... he was driving me crazy..." I say...

"Anytime, baby." Darius smiled sweetly at me, before he grabbed my chin and pressed a soft, chaste kiss to my lips......

I closed my eyes, and moved my mouth to the pattern of his lips.... it was pure bliss.

After a moment he pulled away and looked me into my eyes... his curls falling into his face.

"You, are so beautiful tonight....."

"Oh!" I smirked. "So you think I'm beautiful... but just tonight....."

"Thanks, I guess..." I joked.

"Huh!?" He looked shook for a moment. "Oh! I- I was just complimenting you- I didn't mean-"

"Relax, Darius." The smile dropped from my face.... "I was just kidding...."

I don't know why I was expecting a lecture of how I was ruining the moment...

I mentally facepalmed...

.........

"Oh......" he looked away blushing..

"I-I'm sorry....." he stuttered.... "I've never really done... this... before."

"What? No. It's fine- I am just not good at taking compliments....." I say. "Then I end up being weird.... sorry."

"Uh.... you look beautiful too." I smiled..

He looked at me with a weird expression on his face....

"What?" I say....

"You called me beautiful?" He blushed...

"So..." I smiled. "You are."

"No..." he says. "I'm handsome... you're beautiful."

"Why does that matter, Darius?" I laughed...

"You're the bottom in this relationship, you tell me." He smiled....

I gasped, as my mouth widened in shock.....

"Let's just go inside!" I say, all the nervousness I felt before gone.... "I can't bel- wait!"