Chapter 20: Survival Gourmet

Start from the beginning

"So, Suika-darling, tell me your report." Ana iniated, looking playfully at said small child.

"Yes, ma'am! I snuck around and asked a bunch of people... If there was anything anyone wanted!!" Suika started up.

"Uh-huh, go on." Urged Ana, giving Lalaine a perfectly cooked fish. To which, said female accepted with a thanks.

"First... The three sparkling sisters, Garnet, Sapphire and Ruby!"

"Nice names." Lalaine mumbled.

"Oh, the prettiest girls in the village!" Kohaku piped in.

"What these three want most is..." Suika trailed off, as if hesitating.

"I sure hope it's something Science can make in this era..." Senkuu deadpanned.

"BOYFRIENDS!!" Suika announced, and then whispered something to Ana in a lower voice, "What are boyfriends...?"

Ana's eyes held a mischievous glint in them as she smiled softly, about to start explaining to Suika. Lalaine interjected before she could.

"We'll tell you when you're older, Suika." Lalaine said before Ana can even start talking. Said girl pouted at her.

"You got the wrong idea, darling."

"By the way, why are you suddenly calling us with those sweet names?" Lalaine asked.

"Hmm... I realized something earlier." Ana hummed, smiling at the fire, "Also, I won't be sleeping tonight, I'll be out for the whole night. I need to do some thinking and planning."

"Hah?! It's dangerous to be alone at night, ya know?"

"I have William!" Said snake turn his head at Lalaine, before promptly going back to his sleep.

"OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR SCIENCE!!" Senkuu screamed in disbelief at what Suika said.

'A strong man.'

'Someone who will dote on me.'

'A hottie.'

Kohaku wants to facepalm at the three sisters' bluntness at what Suika told them.

"They're scathingly honest all the way down to their greed, aren't they?" Kohaku calmly commented. She heard a chuckle and turn the source.

"Greed, you say? Felt like ages since I last heard that word. Which got me more thinking..." Ana stood up, dusting her skirt off. "I'll be out for the whole night." She bowed at them, excusing herself and started making her way down the direction where one can have an access road to the seashore.

"Ana, what's your type of man?" Kohaku's question stopped Ana in her tracks.

".... My romantic relationship will be my first and last, so I'm not looking, I'm not worried, I'm not rushing... I want this love to find me, learn me, want me, need me and love me in slow motion, we have forever to go." She turned to them, but did not look.

"I don't need a man who solve my problems... I need a man who won't become a problem. But most of all, I like a man who don't need everyone to like them. Believe me or not, it's actually very hard to find a man like that. Though, if I find one, I won't let them out of my sight. I don't really care if we can only be friends. I need someone like that in my life. In short, I want to find somebody to love." Ana said, scratching at the back of her head. She continued her way with a skip on her step.

They all look at Senku with a silent question if they should let Ana go. Well, the three of them, except Lalaine. Lalaine waved goodbye at Ana, knowing that her friend will be back by tomorrow.