016

DRACO

"I can help you there."

The dance flew by in a flash of gold, red and a beautiful girl. Everyone enjoyed the night of royalty, especially with the help of a particular band consisting of jaw-dropping wizards. It was the highlight of the night for the graduating class, but for Draco, seeing and dancing with Hermione made his year come to a complete blissful end.

Together, they were the last ones on the dance floor with the final pianists playing a slow waltz for the lovesick teens. With each trill and chord struck, Draco's arms would tighten around Hermione's waist as her head rested on his shoulder.

Every breath Draco took, he smelt the sweet shampoo that Hermione used, and her own breath that tickled his jaw. Every sense they experienced only provided more excuses for their bodies to not pull apart.

The final song of the band came to an end, signally for all students to go their own ways, whether it be stalk in the darkness of the hallways with their partners or seek rest from the big night. Hermione and Draco, however, refused to leave until Professor McGonagall cleared her throat by the door.

"Mr Malfoy and Miss Granger, it's time to leave."

When the pair looked off towards the women, she was grinning lightly, admiring the admiration shared between her two students.

"May I suggest some air to clear your heads? The meadow is particularly beautiful at this time."

Together, Draco and Hermione shared a glance, both of their minds syncing together. With that single glance, they left the decorated hall without looking back.

 With that single glance, they left the decorated hall without looking back

The pair were together in the meadow with fireflies lighting their path. The warm air was kissing their skin lightly and enveloped them with comfort. Despite the rising heat in the humid atmosphere, the two teenagers couldn't keep their hands off each other.

The pair decided to lay in a particularly lush spot with wildflowers idly sitting, waiting for the sun to return. As Draco laid with one hand under his head, his other wrapped around Hermione who rested her head gingerly on his chest.

The two began to share a heartbeat, each pulse syncing to become one from two. They have shared similar situations before, but with the summer heat lingering in the air and the comfort of nature by their sides, it was clear of what connection they hold.

"Draco," Hermione whispered, looking up towards his relaxed face.

Without opening his eyes, Draco murmured, "yes?"

There was a minute silence in the air, until Hermione took a deep breath between her lips. "Wil you always be here?"

"Yes."

"With me?"

"Yes."

"Even... even if we're not married?"

Draco paused himself, but without a thought passing his mind, he answered.

"Yes."

Hermione rose from his grasp and pulled the envelope from her pocket, held it tightly and did nothing but stare. Draco rose when he saw the letter but remained silent.

"Dumbledore gave this to me" she started before pulling out another box with a velvet cover. "He gave it to me with the invitation and this. This is for you."

She handed over the jewellery box to Draco who took it gently and opened it. Inside was the bejewelled lions head, shining all its glory. It took a moment for Draco to recover his thoughts and smiled ever-so-slightly at the gift.

"A lions head" he said.

"The King of the Jungle."

The two shared a look before Draco tucked it away into his cloak and looked back at Hermione's sleepy face."

"Thank you, but I refuse to let it distract me from the real beauty here."

Hermione blushed and turned back to the letter in her hands. stared at it quietly until she tucked it back away and turned to Draco.

"I don't know what's in it, and I don't know if I want to know. But you know what? It can wait. Hogwarts is only a small part of our lives. I mean, sure, it shaped us growing up but what we do from now is all but to fate."

"Hermione Granger," Draco started, a grin tugging on his lips, "are you stripping Hogwarts of its legendary title?"

Hermione giggled and shook her head. "Hardly."

Leaning in close, Draco gave her a brief kiss on the lips. The pair let it linger than intended but took in each other's' taste as quickly as they could. When they separated, the urges that overtook their body was strong until Draco stood and offered his hand towards Hermione.

Taking Hermione's hand into his own, Draco lifted her to her feet and together walked towards the castle.

Being in each other's presence alone was a binding moment. The fireflies and flowers that surrounded them in the meadow filled them with a sense of peace and tranquillity. They knew within that moment that it was time for their presence at Hogwarts to fade away whether it be together or apart.

Nonetheless, the two wanted to hold onto their connection to their second home for as long as they could. And so, they escaped into the hallways with shared whispers and kisses. With hand to hand, and chest to chest, the two shared each other and let nothing around them to pull their hearts apart.  

Authors Note:

Authors Note:

One more chapter to go! This feels like a pretty.... average chapter, if I'm being honest but at this moment, I really want to give you all the chapters then reassess afterwards.

Other than that, all my University exams are over and I am finally in Summer/Christmas break! It's super hot in Australia and alot of bushfires so I am sending my love to everyone who is affected! Stay Safe and Stay Smart!

Hope you (somehow) enjoyed this chapter and see you all in the FINALE!

Love,

Matilda Grace