012

DRACO

"You see, I unlike you, have been made a Prefect."

Leaving Hermione at the library was particularly hard. After such an intimate moment, it felt wrong to abandon her. But his mind urged him to leave her with her work, but his heart always made things much harder than they needed to be.

To distract himself, he roamed around the halls and courtyard, watching other students scatter around to their dormitories.

The end of the week called for relaxation and restoration. The books were put away to rejuvenate their minds, and the uniforms were folded neatly until they were required again. Most students dressed in comfortable clothing, running away to the meadows so they can wallow in the warmth of the sun. Some opted for nice outfits that were suitable for Hogsmeade.

Everyone had something to do, but Draco. He didn't wish to change out of his clothes, realising his limited time within Hogwarts walls. He would miss the familiarity of magical forces trying to rip apart his second home or learning about the delicate magic that he played with every day. With every passing day getting closer and closer to graduation, he wished he could slow down time.

He caught the breeze of a girl passing by, filling him with a sense of nostalgia. Her nose in a book, hair pulled into a bun at the nape of her neck and strands of hair framed her face. It was just like how it was less than twelve months ago. But this time, she had a glow and a boy who loved her unconditionally.

Hermione could feel someone's eyes glued on to her and when she spun around, she caught the boy she was hoping it was.

"Coming to the meadow?" Hermione questioned. " I was thinking of reading under the sun."

Shrugging his shoulders, Draco nodded his head and followed her.

It wasn't as busy as the last time they visited the grassy knoll. There seemed to be more wildflowers sprouting in the sun, most students muttering spells under the breaths to cause the petals to take to the skies but quickly return to their spots on the empty stems.

Draco admired the beauty of it all, something that he missed during the cold season of winter. But he realised how much the seasons match he and Hermione. When he glanced at her, he saw the defrosting spring. The darkness and cold winds disappeared and replaced it with beauty and warmth.

When he and Hermione fell onto the ground together, he told her those words and watched her scrunch up her nose.

"Winter can be beautiful, you know" she replied sweetly. "snow shimmers, cold whiteness makes everything glow and the coldness brings people together to stay warm. I like it just as much as I like summer."

"Winter being majestic?" Draco chuckled and shook his head. "never heard of it."

A soft breeze blew by, whipping Hermione's hair around her face. It took all of Draco's might to not reach up and pull it away to expose her face. But as he stopped himself, a small piece of paper landed between he and Hermione, both of them pausing to stare at it cautiously.

Curiousity got to the better of Draco and so he opened the folded paper and read it out loud to Hermione.

I'm sorry. I should've been happy for you. I was afraid of losing you and being alone. I was afraid that you would be alone. But you have her and she has you, balancing everything in your world. You will do great things, even if it is with me or her.

I love you, Draco. Always have, always will.

Pansy

"Pansy." Hermione nodded her head and fell back onto the grass, eyes looking up to the blue sky stretched before her. "that poor girl. I know she will get through it. It's why we come to Hogwarts – so we can learn from our mistakes and turn those mistakes into much bigger and better things."

Draco let Hermione's words float in the air with the pollen that tickled their noses. He knew she was right.

"Well then," Draco finally said to break the smothering silence. "We have her blessing."

Authors Note:

Authors Note:

Hey all! I am very sorry for the late chapter. I have a law case analysis due next week whilst also battling two virus' in the past two weeks (yes, a was sick twice in two week!) but here I am, slightly more healthy with the new chapter.

Pansy finally threw in the towel and seemed like Draco was pretty impressed. Lets hope it turns out well for the couple.

Let me know what you think of the chapter!

Love,

Matilda Grace