006

DRACO

"If brains were gold..."

The kiss was soft but full of passion, restoring Draco's energy like a powerful potion that muggles drank every day called coffee. His eyes were awake, and his senses were overloading, especially the feeling of Hermione's lips on his.

Breathlessly she chuckled and lightly shook her head, locks of hair falling to frame her face. "I'm sure that'll keep you going."

"Your presence is enough" he whispered, wishing he could kiss her more. "anything more and I will be dumb with luck."

Hermione's louder laugh made Draco satisfied with his visit, turning around back to the pitch to see his teammates returning to their positions.

Some of the players disapproved of his actions that they made rather clear through their glares, whilst Crabbe and Goyle looked on with concern. However, Draco didn't request their pity and certainly didn't need their opinion at all.

He kissed his girl in front of the school and those two hog-heads weren't going to kill his fire.

With a blow of the whistle, the snitch was returned to the air and the match was back in action. With determination, Draco took after the golden ball, his howls blocking any sound other than the wind.

He spotted the opposing seeker creeping up his side, throwing glances at his movements as he waved from side to side. They both flew faster and harder, ready to change direction as soon as the Golden Snitch decides to.

"Come on, Malfoy" the Hufflepuff seeker called. "You're Gryffindor mud-blood is watching on and this is all you got?"

The fire in Draco's eyes ignited, fury and disgust plaguing his emotions. The insulting nature of this contender was insulting, and Draco wanted to do nothing but punish him.

Gripping onto his stick harder, Draco shoved his shoulder into the seeker who lost balance and fell back behind. He wished the boy would've fallen to the ground in a heap of broken bones, but instead kept on fighting for the Golden Snitch instead of turning around and finishing the job.

The Golden Snitch began to rise higher into the sky, leading Draco on a trail around the spectator towers. It'd weave under the seats and back into the open, buzzing frantically as Draco began to get closer.

The Snitch was only inches away, Draco's hands reaching out to grab it and achieve a victory for Slytherin. If he grabbed it and held it in the air, the game would be one and He would be seen as a hero.

But a body slammed into him.

He lost balance and tried to clutch onto his broom to stop himself from plummeting downwards. But his broom was barely functioning.

It started to fall with Draco with the occasional pause in the sky until it began to fall again. It would alternate between the two until it refused to return to the sky and fell with Draco

The thump echoed in the pitch, everyone beginning to whisper and worry over the boy.

Draco only worried about the inability to catch his breath, feeling pressure on his lungs. His gaze was blurry and rimmed with blackness. He held onto reality as hard as he could.

Death was something he was afraid of, scared to let his world go dark and non-existent. He didn't want to fall into the hands of the grim reaper, becoming another forgotten wizard.

People began to flood to his side, eager to haul him off the pitch and into the infirmary. Snape and Dumbledore were leaning over his body as Hermione and Luna rushed to his side.