12. Moving Ahead

(Source: Season 3)

[ A Remote Cabin ]

The past few weeks had been very busy as well as rough. Things couldn't have been worse for humanity. Betrayal after betrayal, so many Titan Shifters had been discovered from amongst the scouts that it was difficult to trust anyone now. It wasn't just Annie who had been a Titan Shifter; Bertholdt, Reiner and Ymir had also been against existence inside the walls. The attempt to capture Annie had been half successful, she had enclose herself in some sort of glass. Bertholdt, Reiner and Ymir had fled to who knows where. Eren had also discovered a new power he inherited- he could control other titans, but he wasn't sure how to do that again. A lot of people had died in the previous weeks, but still, Ervin concluded that everyone was now close to knowing all the secrets about the outside world and the walls. So much had changed, it was becoming difficult to keep a track of things. 

Because of the rapid events, you and Levi hadn't talked ever since your first night together. He had also selected a new squad for the meanwhile, which contained the remaining 104th cadets. The place where your squad was supposed to reside was in a remote cabin in the woods. While you were heading there to see who your new squad members were, you heard a faint 'Oi' from behind. You half knew who it was but your eyes confirmed the guess when you saw Levi walking towards you. You didn't smile but instead nodded. Things between you and Levi hadn't changed much, you still acted like an undisciplined cadet and captain.

 Levi wasn't in his uniform and neither was anyone else. Everyone wore their normal clothes since there was no use of 3DM gear for some time. You wore a lose grey top which was tucked in a black knee length skirt.

 Levi was wearing a white shirt with a casual black suit. 'Wow. He looks so good! How did I get so lucky?',  you thought and started feeling a little conscious about your appearance. You never put any effort in looking good and wore whatever you saw first. Your stomach twisted as he got closer with every step. This was the first time your were about to talk to him properly ever since that night. However, Levi looked totally calm. 

"Long time no seeing", you said and walked with him towards the cabin.

"Yeah, I've been busy because of the MPs, they keep shitting in other's business", he replied.

"I see. By the way, do you really think those 104th cadets are strong enough, except Mikasa?"

"I had no other option, other remaining cadets couldn't even tie their 3DM gears properly."

"Hmm...By the way Levi, don't you think it's unfair?"

"What?"

"The way these people are against us, as if the world is playing with us. As if our lives don't have any significance", you said, looking at the ground. Levi thought for a while before replying.

"You're right. It is kinda cruel", he said and his words were followed by prolonged silence which was a little dreadful. Levi decided to make the conversation lighter.

"How's your wound?", he asked looking at you.

"Which wound?"

"The one that you got in your leg because your 3DM gear malfunctioned during fighting Ymir."

"You noticed that?", you asked with a little amusement. No one knew about your wound since you didn't think it was bad enough to be treated.

"Of course I noticed it", he replied. 'So Levi notices me?!',  you thought and felt a bit happy.

"It's okay, I guess?", you said. He clicked his tongue and bent down to take a look at your leg. Your cheeks flooded with red color as he ran his hand over your calf muscles and examined the wound. You regretted wearing a skirt today because he had full access to your legs due to it.