6. Drunk?

[ Mess Hall, morning ]

It had been 8 months since you joined the Levi squad and five years since the fall of Wall Maria. Today was just any normal day for the survey corps until the alarming news came. Commander Ervin informed everyone about the colossal titan's appearance at the outer gate of the Trost district. Apparently, the gate had been wiped out just like 5 years ago, and the titans were coming in. The scouts had been called for help and the Levi squad was assigned to guard the inner gate of the district. Almost everyone started freaking out. You could hear some new cadets crying and searching for their loved ones. You could understand the tension in the atmosphere. Another Wall had fallen, which lead to the conclusion that humanity was about to extinct. You all hurriedly started getting ready for the battle. You hadn't expected this but you were kind of glad to hear this news. At least you could have some fun again. But the titans coming inside Wall Rose didn't sound very good. Immediately after the Colossal Titan's disappearance, the Trost Garrison initiated their strategy for dealing with a Colossal Titan appearance. As the trainees gathered for briefing, the citizens of Trost were immediately evacuated from the district before the Titans entered the district.

"I can't believe it's happening again. This is so cruel, at this rate, humanity will vanish soon. If Wall Rose gets abandoned too, then more than half of the human population will die", Petra said with an apprehensive look on her face. You could see that her hands were shaking as she said this. It wasn't just her, everyone around was thinking the same thing. You could feel the horror in air. Many of the new cadets were getting panic attacks. You placed a hand on Petra's shoulder. 

"I know that this might feel like the end of humanity but it isn't. I'm sure that despite the cruelty of this world, humans will be the last ones standing, not titans. Titans don't deserve to live", you said. You went to get your 3DM gear, filled it with gas and prepared your blades. Soon, your squad was on it's way to the southern part of the Wall Rose, that is, the Trost district. When you reached their, a lot of titans had already entered the territory and there were so many stupid titans around that you couldn't control yourself. Before listening to Levi's orders, you drew your blades and went flying into the air. You gave a creepy smile of the titans below you and killed three of them subsequently. "HAHAHA, IT WAS FUN,  WASN'T IT?" you asked the falling titans. Levi shouted over you to follow his orders. You pouted but obeyed him and killed the titans according to his orders. After sometime, you heard a news about a titan fighting for humans. Later on, it was discovered that there was a cadet named Eren who could transform into a titan. You were really amazed and you wanted to meet the titan boy as soon as possible. Suddenly, you noticed a fellow comrade was being eaten by a titan. The guy being eaten was from your squad, but before you could draw your blades, Levi raced through air, killing the titan swiftly. You could see the look on his face, how the titans disgusted him. He purely hated them. Levi landed on the roof on which you were standing. He told Petra to look after the guy who was being eaten and told other to kill the titan coming on the felt. He ordered you to kill the two 10 meter class titans which were behind you and he himself went to slaughter the 15 meter classes on the left side. After defeating the assigned titans, you went to where the fallen soldier was, Levi also came there. "Captain, the bleeding won't stop" Petra informed Levi. Levi looked at him with concern. The bleeding soldier opened his mouth and murmured something like 'captain Levi'. Levi bent down on his knees and said "I'm here."

"Did I-I m-make a difference? Did I mean something? Please tell me I didn't die in vain" he managed to say and held his hand up which was covered in blood. Levi held his hand.

"We've made great strides today, soldier, because of you. You're strength won't die with you. The act will be carried on by me. This is swear on my very life, the titans will be eradicated!" Levi said. He didn't sound bored anymore and there was something different in his eyes. You had never seen this side of him and suddenly felt differently about him. "Did the man hear what I had to say?" Levi asked. You realized that Levi cared a lot about his comrades, but not everyone could see this.